Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
in which I become addicted to Photoshop
Those who are regular readers of this blog will know that I'm quite keen on photography. Whether I have any actual talent or not remains to be seen, but nevertheless, I enjoy myself.
But I've always thought what lets me down is my total incompetence when it comes to Photoshop. While I like my photos to be mostly naturalistic, and not distort them beyond recognition, I've always wished I had more than my very, very rudimentary knowledge when it comes to tarting them up a bit.
One effect I think can work really well sometimes is when, in a black and white picture, some part of it is picked out in colour. But before yesterday I had no idea how to do it. Thanks to Col (of Col's Blog fame), and a quick tutorial in Photoshop for Dummies, I have now fully got the hang of this little trick. Woohoo!
Or maybe not .... seeing as I have now become utterly addicted to trawling through pictures I've taken and subjecting them to the Photoshop treatment.
In this section
- Are you KIDDING me?
- I have new hair!
- Things that happened while I was taking an extremely slack attitude to blogging
- a weekend away in bath
- in which I lose my rag and attack total strangers
- my next-door neighbour is great in bed
- with role models such as these, do you blame me?
- the beautiful richmond park
- reasons why this is the best day EVER!
- gee baby, ain't I good to you?