Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- North Korean woman stabbed husband to death in New Malden home after he got his lover pregnant, court hears
- Car bursts into flames in Kingston town centre
- Thief steals more than 150 premium sunglasses from Walton opticians
- Man charged with murdering Walton man more than 20 years ago
- South West Trains commuters warned of 'major impacts' to services as Waterloo station is upgraded