Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Six members of organised criminal network jailed
- Labour official suspended after Manchester attack comments
- Neighbours are fuming that police 'ignored' their 999 call when 'robbers threatened them with a power tool' at 2am
- County council restricts spending on street lighting, grit bins and highway schemes under controversial new rule change
- Weather warning blow to bank holiday weekend plans