Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Body believed to be missing university student Victor Ivanelo found under railway arch near Surbiton station
- Arrests after 'horrendous' linked hit-and-run road rage attacks on M25 and A3 left woman with broken ribs
- Missing Richard Challoner pupil found
- 'Please don't do this': Petition calls on St Peter's Hospital to scrap plans to charge for disabled parking
- Surrey County Council to leave organisation 'fighting for local authorities at national level'