Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Head of South East Coast Ambulance Service trust (SECAmb) leaves two months after "fundamental failures" in 111 pilot scheme
- VIDEO: Dramatic police helicopter chase from Chessington to Twickenham ends in burglary arrests
- Kettles, fridges and even frying pans – the innovative smart tech that could simplify our life
- Firefighter retiring after 41 years says 'I just thought I'd give it a go'
- Pack a brolly: Wet and windy start to the day with outbreaks of drizzle throughout the afternoon