Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Hanging bra-skets: Colourful display of ample assets causes titters of amusement at Surbiton station
- What to do if you've got an Ikea chest of drawers that isn't fixed to the wall
- Heathrow appoints former cabinet member Lord Blunkett to lead new taskforce in the hope the airport is granted permission to expand
- Can you tell what this mystery Mole dweller is? Facebook user snaps picture of 'turtle' out for a swim
- 'This dark threat must be removed': Fears Croydon cat killer has returned after two pets are found decapitated in Kingston and Worcester Park