Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Three escape serious injury in head-on car crash
- "Did you save my life?" - Biker injured in crash searches for man and doctor who saved him
- Convicted burglar wanted by Surrey Police
- Al-Hilli murders: Motorcyclist suspect '95 percent ruled out of inquiry'
- Short-changed? South West Trains apology for recent reduced train sizes