Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Live: Sadiq Khan set to eventually be London Mayor after final result is put back
- Sadiq Khan beats Zac Goldsmith to become the new Mayor of London
- Conservative candidate David Munro wins Surrey Police and Crime Commissioner election
- South West stays blue by sticking with Tory Tony Arbour on London Assembly
- East Molesey drug dealer who threatened to burn down Cricketers pub and assaulted two men in separate attacks jailed