Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Record shop owner plans to fight Royal Mail development
- Dog bites and 4am starts all part of the job for milkman retiring after 39 years
- Hook Road, Surbiton, to close for two weeks for gas main replacement
- NHS agrees mental health ward closures and £160m investment from land sales
- Two byelections set for May after long-serving councillor and Lib Dem deputy step down