Kingston Council handed out more than 90,000 parking fines in 2013, raking in nearly £5m, a freedom of information request showed.
The figures were revealed by insurers Churchill.
Kingston’s £4,856,982 revenue put it fourth out of 187 councils from across the UK which supplied figures, behind Haringey, Barnet and Westminster.
- Body believed to be missing university student Victor Ivanelo found under railway arch near Surbiton station
- Politicians relaunch campaign to see Kingston station rezoned as Chinese firm completes South West Trains takeover
- Hundreds of skin-lightening cosmetics with ingredient linked to cancer seized at Heathrow Airport
- PICTURES: Pupils raise money for Red Nose Day by pelting teachers with sponges
- POLL RESULT: Big majority of you want to remain in EU as Article 50 triggers Brexit