Kingston Council handed out more than 90,000 parking fines in 2013, raking in nearly £5m, a freedom of information request showed.
The figures were revealed by insurers Churchill.
Kingston’s £4,856,982 revenue put it fourth out of 187 councils from across the UK which supplied figures, behind Haringey, Barnet and Westminster.
- Boris Johnson's new 'crime dashboard' promises to help Londoners track crime in their neighbourhood
- Could Kingston station be on the move? Yet more radical ideas to transform town centre
- Precious jewellery among items stolen in Hersham burglary
- No steak for a while after meat thief sent to prison
- Princess Alice nurse shortlisted for national award