Kingston Council handed out more than 90,000 parking fines in 2013, raking in nearly £5m, a freedom of information request showed.
The figures were revealed by insurers Churchill.
Kingston’s £4,856,982 revenue put it fourth out of 187 councils from across the UK which supplied figures, behind Haringey, Barnet and Westminster.
- Cereal and crisp sandwich cafe aimed at students opens in Kingston
- Memorial stone for Surbiton VC hero Douglas Belcher
- Breakfast event at Brooklands College to show benefits of apprenticeships
- Modern romance: Romeo and Juliet to hit the Rose Theatre this weekend
- PICTURES: See inside rotting Surbiton nurses' home plus the vision for redevelopment