Kingston Council handed out more than 90,000 parking fines in 2013, raking in nearly £5m, a freedom of information request showed.
The figures were revealed by insurers Churchill.
Kingston’s £4,856,982 revenue put it fourth out of 187 councils from across the UK which supplied figures, behind Haringey, Barnet and Westminster.
- Liam Albert crash death: IPCC 'finishing investigation' into allegations of criminality by police
- Two years jail time for car dealer who scammed sellers out of £208,000
- Fines for litterbugs as dog poo and cigarette butts 'costs £2m a year to clean up'
- Consultation on Kingston schools' expansion plans
- Considerably richer than you: the south London and Surrey links of Britain's millionaires