Kingston Council handed out more than 90,000 parking fines in 2013, raking in nearly £5m, a freedom of information request showed.
The figures were revealed by insurers Churchill.
Kingston’s £4,856,982 revenue put it fourth out of 187 councils from across the UK which supplied figures, behind Haringey, Barnet and Westminster.
- DJ Dr Fox arrested over alleged sexual offences
- Molesey care home faces £100,000 fine as judge decides if carer's poor English left pensioner to choke to death
- Rehab and anxiety treatment services could remain split after "botched" council consultation
- Award nomination for mother of teen murdered outside Streatham ice rink
- Premier League footballer handcuffed after being wrongly accused of stealing cheese from Weybridge supermarket