Kingston Council handed out more than 90,000 parking fines in 2013, raking in nearly £5m, a freedom of information request showed.
The figures were revealed by insurers Churchill.
Kingston’s £4,856,982 revenue put it fourth out of 187 councils from across the UK which supplied figures, behind Haringey, Barnet and Westminster.
- Burka-wearing armed robbers jailed for £40,000 Phones 4U raid
- ‘Strip Twister’ internet paedophile spared jail - despite packing bags for prison
- 'Talk it out': Samaritans offer help and advice to anyone feeling low or suicidal
- Woman in her 70s suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- Families struggling to make ends meet, despite low child poverty figures