Kingston Council handed out more than 90,000 parking fines in 2013, raking in nearly £5m, a freedom of information request showed.
The figures were revealed by insurers Churchill.
Kingston’s £4,856,982 revenue put it fourth out of 187 councils from across the UK which supplied figures, behind Haringey, Barnet and Westminster.
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: 'There is no point worrying about when your time is up'
- Roots Manoeuvres with Georgina Chahed: What we learned from the Chelsea Flower Show
- Vintage Kingston: Man abandoned as baby meets woman who found him
- ACS Cobham pupils get their hands on drones and 3D printers
- Police hunt for health-conscious commuter's stolen mountain bike