A man has been cleared of sexuallyl assaulting a woman from New Malden.
Zimbabwean national Arnold Nhliziyo, 33, of Elm Road, New Malden, was found not guilty of burglary and sexual assault following a trial at Kingston Crown Court this week.
He had been accused of breaking in to a couple’s home in November last year and assaulting the woman as she lay in bed with her partner.
Mr Nhliziyo’s defence team claimed he stumbled into the couple’s bedroom in the early hours after letting himself into the unlocked home in search of cannabis.
He was cleared of both charges by a jury yesterday. Mr Nhliziyo’s entire family filled the public gallery during the trial.
He will face trial for failing to comply with notification requirements on April 30 at Kingston Crown Court.
- Newlyweds surprised 'optional staff gratuities' at Richmond Park wedding venue not shared evenly among staff
- Tributes paid to 'giant of Kingston politics' Steve Mama, who has died aged 82
- 'No Buggery': Homophobic anti-dogging posters plastered around Ockham Common
- Police 'really concerned' for safety of missing 14-year-old boy from Kingston
- Kingston Council to investigate introducing zebra crossing outside New Malden care home