A man has been cleared of sexuallyl assaulting a woman from New Malden.
Zimbabwean national Arnold Nhliziyo, 33, of Elm Road, New Malden, was found not guilty of burglary and sexual assault following a trial at Kingston Crown Court this week.
He had been accused of breaking in to a couple’s home in November last year and assaulting the woman as she lay in bed with her partner.
Mr Nhliziyo’s defence team claimed he stumbled into the couple’s bedroom in the early hours after letting himself into the unlocked home in search of cannabis.
He was cleared of both charges by a jury yesterday. Mr Nhliziyo’s entire family filled the public gallery during the trial.
He will face trial for failing to comply with notification requirements on April 30 at Kingston Crown Court.
- Cyclist "racked with guilt" raises safety concerns about Richmond Hill descent where man died
- Motorcyclist from Weybridge dies in Kent crash
- Kingston Council told to pay £10,000 to couple for 'wholly unacceptable' delays in care provision
- Prolific burglar jailed after racking up a £700,000 haul in just four years
- Thousands of Kingston adults at risk of heart attack or stroke because of undiagnosed high blood pressure