A man has been cleared of sexuallyl assaulting a woman from New Malden.
Zimbabwean national Arnold Nhliziyo, 33, of Elm Road, New Malden, was found not guilty of burglary and sexual assault following a trial at Kingston Crown Court this week.
He had been accused of breaking in to a couple’s home in November last year and assaulting the woman as she lay in bed with her partner.
Mr Nhliziyo’s defence team claimed he stumbled into the couple’s bedroom in the early hours after letting himself into the unlocked home in search of cannabis.
He was cleared of both charges by a jury yesterday. Mr Nhliziyo’s entire family filled the public gallery during the trial.
He will face trial for failing to comply with notification requirements on April 30 at Kingston Crown Court.
- Commuter hell: See if you're travelling to work on one of the most overcrowded trains in the country
- WATCH: Grandson surprises nan on her birthday with 'radio' messages - and her reaction is lovely
- Devastated fan of Bubbleworks ride at Chessington World of Adventures changes name by deed poll to Professor Burp in its memory
- Immigration arrests at Byron burger restaurants across London
- ‘It’s OAP’s 11’ – The Hatton Garden Job's director and producer tell us what to expect from the film