A man has been cleared of sexuallyl assaulting a woman from New Malden.
Zimbabwean national Arnold Nhliziyo, 33, of Elm Road, New Malden, was found not guilty of burglary and sexual assault following a trial at Kingston Crown Court this week.
He had been accused of breaking in to a couple’s home in November last year and assaulting the woman as she lay in bed with her partner.
Mr Nhliziyo’s defence team claimed he stumbled into the couple’s bedroom in the early hours after letting himself into the unlocked home in search of cannabis.
He was cleared of both charges by a jury yesterday. Mr Nhliziyo’s entire family filled the public gallery during the trial.
He will face trial for failing to comply with notification requirements on April 30 at Kingston Crown Court.
- Keen Collector: Obsessive’s Martinware collection to go on display at Kingston Museum
- Woman, 82, cut from car after Esher Green collision
- Buddies travel 200 miles for Shooting Star Chase, Princess Alice Hospice and others
- Kingston Hospital forced into deficit by 'extreme pressure' from government budget cuts
- Manby Lodge Infant School to add 90 places