A man has been cleared of sexuallyl assaulting a woman from New Malden.
Zimbabwean national Arnold Nhliziyo, 33, of Elm Road, New Malden, was found not guilty of burglary and sexual assault following a trial at Kingston Crown Court this week.
He had been accused of breaking in to a couple’s home in November last year and assaulting the woman as she lay in bed with her partner.
Mr Nhliziyo’s defence team claimed he stumbled into the couple’s bedroom in the early hours after letting himself into the unlocked home in search of cannabis.
He was cleared of both charges by a jury yesterday. Mr Nhliziyo’s entire family filled the public gallery during the trial.
He will face trial for failing to comply with notification requirements on April 30 at Kingston Crown Court.
- 'Diabolical' traffic-calming scheme in Surbiton has made £500k in fines in just one week
- CQC rates St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust as 'good' after finding improvements following safety breaches
- Get fit with these 11 exercise classes to try out this winter - for FREE
- Children's wards at Kingston Hospital decorated with sealife and oceans as part of £10k refurb
- Smoking mums-to-be: Figures reveal where in the capital most mums smoke during pregnancy