A man has been cleared of sexuallyl assaulting a woman from New Malden.
Zimbabwean national Arnold Nhliziyo, 33, of Elm Road, New Malden, was found not guilty of burglary and sexual assault following a trial at Kingston Crown Court this week.
He had been accused of breaking in to a couple’s home in November last year and assaulting the woman as she lay in bed with her partner.
Mr Nhliziyo’s defence team claimed he stumbled into the couple’s bedroom in the early hours after letting himself into the unlocked home in search of cannabis.
He was cleared of both charges by a jury yesterday. Mr Nhliziyo’s entire family filled the public gallery during the trial.
He will face trial for failing to comply with notification requirements on April 30 at Kingston Crown Court.
- Topping the bills: Husband and wife from Surbiton win London photography competition
- Memorial bench in memory of former Kingston Conservatives leader unveiled
- Candidate who defied depression to stand for Parliament urges others to take heart
- No electoral investigation for independent candidate's 228 votes
- Remarkable turnaround of Bell Farm Primary School applauded by MP Dominic Raab