A man has been cleared of sexuallyl assaulting a woman from New Malden.
Zimbabwean national Arnold Nhliziyo, 33, of Elm Road, New Malden, was found not guilty of burglary and sexual assault following a trial at Kingston Crown Court this week.
He had been accused of breaking in to a couple’s home in November last year and assaulting the woman as she lay in bed with her partner.
Mr Nhliziyo’s defence team claimed he stumbled into the couple’s bedroom in the early hours after letting himself into the unlocked home in search of cannabis.
He was cleared of both charges by a jury yesterday. Mr Nhliziyo’s entire family filled the public gallery during the trial.
He will face trial for failing to comply with notification requirements on April 30 at Kingston Crown Court.
- VIDEO: Morden’s UFC star Brad Pickett on the pressures of fatherhood and being an entertainer
- Man locked up for 'cowardly' knife attack pleads with judge not to jail him over fears of being radicalised behind bars
- Hundreds protest 'government inaction' over 'shambolic' Southern Rail service
- Recycle, reuse and repair: free autumn events aimed at reducing landfill waste coming to a town centre near you
- Rating system for lorries to protect cyclists could lead to thousands of HGVs banned from London