A man has been cleared of sexuallyl assaulting a woman from New Malden.
Zimbabwean national Arnold Nhliziyo, 33, of Elm Road, New Malden, was found not guilty of burglary and sexual assault following a trial at Kingston Crown Court this week.
He had been accused of breaking in to a couple’s home in November last year and assaulting the woman as she lay in bed with her partner.
Mr Nhliziyo’s defence team claimed he stumbled into the couple’s bedroom in the early hours after letting himself into the unlocked home in search of cannabis.
He was cleared of both charges by a jury yesterday. Mr Nhliziyo’s entire family filled the public gallery during the trial.
He will face trial for failing to comply with notification requirements on April 30 at Kingston Crown Court.
- Burka-wearing armed robbers jailed for £40,000 Phones 4U raid
- ‘Strip Twister’ internet paedophile spared jail - despite packing bags for prison
- 'Talk it out': Samaritans offer help and advice to anyone feeling low or suicidal
- Woman in her 70s suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- Families struggling to make ends meet, despite low child poverty figures