A man has been cleared of sexuallyl assaulting a woman from New Malden.
Zimbabwean national Arnold Nhliziyo, 33, of Elm Road, New Malden, was found not guilty of burglary and sexual assault following a trial at Kingston Crown Court this week.
He had been accused of breaking in to a couple’s home in November last year and assaulting the woman as she lay in bed with her partner.
Mr Nhliziyo’s defence team claimed he stumbled into the couple’s bedroom in the early hours after letting himself into the unlocked home in search of cannabis.
He was cleared of both charges by a jury yesterday. Mr Nhliziyo’s entire family filled the public gallery during the trial.
He will face trial for failing to comply with notification requirements on April 30 at Kingston Crown Court.
- 'It's plain stupid': Enraged campaigners dress as no entry signs in latest campaign against Surbiton Crescent traffic scheme
- Morden mosque fire: Trial date set for teenager charged with arson
- First woman Met Police Commissioner announced
- Gender pay gap? More like gender pay gulf as millennial women set to be £50,000 poorer than men
- Seething Festival to return to Surbiton this weekend and promises to be 'bigger and better than ever'