A man has been cleared of sexuallyl assaulting a woman from New Malden.
Zimbabwean national Arnold Nhliziyo, 33, of Elm Road, New Malden, was found not guilty of burglary and sexual assault following a trial at Kingston Crown Court this week.
He had been accused of breaking in to a couple’s home in November last year and assaulting the woman as she lay in bed with her partner.
Mr Nhliziyo’s defence team claimed he stumbled into the couple’s bedroom in the early hours after letting himself into the unlocked home in search of cannabis.
He was cleared of both charges by a jury yesterday. Mr Nhliziyo’s entire family filled the public gallery during the trial.
He will face trial for failing to comply with notification requirements on April 30 at Kingston Crown Court.
- 'Second chance': A suicidal woman has thanked police for saving her life
- Anyone hoping for snow this week or a dry bank holiday is going to be disappointed
- ‘Don’t let bins become stepping stones’: Surrey Police’s advice after neighbours were burgled on same day
- Conservative councillor defects to Liberal Democrats because of 'government's hard Brexit'
- Wildlife trust launches campaign to save prickly British icon disappearing faster than tigers