A man has been cleared of sexuallyl assaulting a woman from New Malden.
Zimbabwean national Arnold Nhliziyo, 33, of Elm Road, New Malden, was found not guilty of burglary and sexual assault following a trial at Kingston Crown Court this week.
He had been accused of breaking in to a couple’s home in November last year and assaulting the woman as she lay in bed with her partner.
Mr Nhliziyo’s defence team claimed he stumbled into the couple’s bedroom in the early hours after letting himself into the unlocked home in search of cannabis.
He was cleared of both charges by a jury yesterday. Mr Nhliziyo’s entire family filled the public gallery during the trial.
He will face trial for failing to comply with notification requirements on April 30 at Kingston Crown Court.
- Kids as 'young as four' partied at Kingston nightclub before drunken 2am brawl, court hears
- Bubbles flow as the Museum of Futures' community kitchen is unveiled
- Woman left shaken by 'despicable' attempted sexual assault in alleyway
- Firefighters hand out sandbags to homes at risk of flooding after heavy rainfall
- North Korean woman denies murdering her partner in New Malden High Street