Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
Love rival killer on Kingston Kingsnympton Estate Andrew Nichols jailed for seven years
A man who killed his love rival on a Kingston estate has been jailed for seven-and-a-half years.
Andrew Nichols, 45, stabbed 28-year-old Colin Bolton in the chest during a row at a friend's house on the Kingsnympton estate in June.
Nichols, of Fordham, Excelsior Close on the Cambridge Road estate in Kingston, had earlier pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
He was acquitted of murder following a trial last month, after the jury accepted he "lost control" after being "goaded" by Mr Bolton over sleeping with his ex girlfriend Michelle Dooley.
At the Old Bailey this afternoon, judge Peter Rook said Nichols posed a "significant risk of serious harm to the public."
- Hampton Court Palace to host BBC Good Food Festival
- Open University drop-in session to be held at Kingston Library
- Rose Theatre to hold Galsworthy exhibition to commemorate WWI centenary
- Kingston drug dealer jailed for cocaine and cannabis possession
- Investigation launched into Korean student's Bentall Centre death
Comments are closed on this article.