A man who killed his love rival on a Kingston estate has been jailed for seven-and-a-half years.
Andrew Nichols, 45, stabbed 28-year-old Colin Bolton in the chest during a row at a friend's house on the Kingsnympton estate in June.
Nichols, of Fordham, Excelsior Close on the Cambridge Road estate in Kingston, had earlier pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
He was acquitted of murder following a trial last month, after the jury accepted he "lost control" after being "goaded" by Mr Bolton over sleeping with his ex girlfriend Michelle Dooley.
At the Old Bailey this afternoon, judge Peter Rook said Nichols posed a "significant risk of serious harm to the public."
- Most read stories across Kingston of 2014
- Police deliver 200 presents to cared-for children in Christmas appeal
- Safety fears over roof garden proposal for 300-bed student flats scheme
- Pop-up pantomime delights children at St Peter's Hospital
- Police close case on Kingston town centre 'attack'