Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
Love rival killer on Kingston Kingsnympton Estate Andrew Nichols jailed for seven years
A man who killed his love rival on a Kingston estate has been jailed for seven-and-a-half years.
Andrew Nichols, 45, stabbed 28-year-old Colin Bolton in the chest during a row at a friend's house on the Kingsnympton estate in June.
Nichols, of Fordham, Excelsior Close on the Cambridge Road estate in Kingston, had earlier pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
He was acquitted of murder following a trial last month, after the jury accepted he "lost control" after being "goaded" by Mr Bolton over sleeping with his ex girlfriend Michelle Dooley.
At the Old Bailey this afternoon, judge Peter Rook said Nichols posed a "significant risk of serious harm to the public."
- Norbiton and New Malden roads closed both ways due to flooding
- Lightning strike causes massive train disruption
- Former Busted and Fightstar frontman Charlie Simpson back in Kingston for intimate acoustic gig
- Three year wait for Charito Cruz murder report
- Chessington roadworks will be completed this afternoon, say Thames Water
Comments are closed on this article.