A man who killed his love rival on a Kingston estate has been jailed for seven-and-a-half years.
Andrew Nichols, 45, stabbed 28-year-old Colin Bolton in the chest during a row at a friend's house on the Kingsnympton estate in June.
Nichols, of Fordham, Excelsior Close on the Cambridge Road estate in Kingston, had earlier pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
He was acquitted of murder following a trial last month, after the jury accepted he "lost control" after being "goaded" by Mr Bolton over sleeping with his ex girlfriend Michelle Dooley.
At the Old Bailey this afternoon, judge Peter Rook said Nichols posed a "significant risk of serious harm to the public."
- Man appears in court charged with 'gentlemanly' burglaries
- Complaints over 'teething problems' with new Kingston Hospital parking regime
- Mum to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in memory of son
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: 'Thank you to all my readers over the past three years'
- Most read stories across Kingston of 2014