A man has denied going on a midnight arson spree in New Malden this month.
Former Beverley Boys' pupil Richard Darvil, 27, of George Road in New Malden, appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court this morning and denied five counts of arson.
He is now set to stand trial at Kingston Crown Court. Mr Darvil arrived with his parents and spoke only to confirm his name, address and to plea.
He is charged with lighting fire boards in King’s Avenue, setting alight a skip in The Mount and wheelie bins in Blagdon Road and New Malden High Street behind Princess Alice Hospice and Poundland on Monday, February 3.
He has been given conditional bail and will appear at Kingston Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on March 10.
- Most read stories across Kingston of 2014
- Police deliver 200 presents to cared-for children in Christmas appeal
- Safety fears over roof garden proposal for 300-bed student flats scheme
- Pop-up pantomime delights children at St Peter's Hospital
- Police close case on Kingston town centre 'attack'