A man has denied going on a midnight arson spree in New Malden this month.
Former Beverley Boys' pupil Richard Darvil, 27, of George Road in New Malden, appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court this morning and denied five counts of arson.
He is now set to stand trial at Kingston Crown Court. Mr Darvil arrived with his parents and spoke only to confirm his name, address and to plea.
He is charged with lighting fire boards in King’s Avenue, setting alight a skip in The Mount and wheelie bins in Blagdon Road and New Malden High Street behind Princess Alice Hospice and Poundland on Monday, February 3.
He has been given conditional bail and will appear at Kingston Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on March 10.
- Winners of our Young Reporter scheme for 2015 celebrated at awards
- Jobs under threat as Kingston and Sutton get set to share raft of services to cut costs
- Homeowners in SW19 and nearby can net thousands of pounds from Wimbledon tennis tournament
- Work on controversial incinerator set to start next month
- South London teenager Tom Holland unveiled as new Spider-Man