A man has denied going on a midnight arson spree in New Malden this month.
Former Beverley Boys' pupil Richard Darvil, 27, of George Road in New Malden, appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court this morning and denied five counts of arson.
He is now set to stand trial at Kingston Crown Court. Mr Darvil arrived with his parents and spoke only to confirm his name, address and to plea.
He is charged with lighting fire boards in King’s Avenue, setting alight a skip in The Mount and wheelie bins in Blagdon Road and New Malden High Street behind Princess Alice Hospice and Poundland on Monday, February 3.
He has been given conditional bail and will appear at Kingston Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on March 10.
- East Molesey stink tackled by Thames Water
- Get ready for some splashing good fun next spring time
- Explosive wonder entertains hundreds at Hampton Court Palace
- RC Sherriff Trust gives £15k toward Christmas Festival of Light
- Video: Does he think he's the Bodyguard? Security man blocks set snaps of Kevin Costner's new film