A man has denied going on a midnight arson spree in New Malden this month.
Former Beverley Boys' pupil Richard Darvil, 27, of George Road in New Malden, appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court this morning and denied five counts of arson.
He is now set to stand trial at Kingston Crown Court. Mr Darvil arrived with his parents and spoke only to confirm his name, address and to plea.
He is charged with lighting fire boards in King’s Avenue, setting alight a skip in The Mount and wheelie bins in Blagdon Road and New Malden High Street behind Princess Alice Hospice and Poundland on Monday, February 3.
He has been given conditional bail and will appear at Kingston Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on March 10.
- Man arrested after 'racist attack' at Kingston station
- QUIZ: Do you know London as well as a Blue Badge tour guide?
- Converted lifeboat fire prompts firefighters to remind houseboat owners to fit smoke alarms
- 'Can I have a Big Mac?' – London Fire Brigade reveals top 10 weirdest 999 calls
- Thames Ditton rowing club recreates 100-year-old race to raise money for war veterans