Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
Man killed by train last night was from Surbiton, British Transport Police say
A man killed by a train last night was from Surbiton, police have said.
The man, thought to be in his 40s, was hit just after 7.30pm yesterday at Surbiton station.
His death is not being treated as suspicious.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: "BTP officers were called to Surbiton station on Thursday, February 13 following a report that a man had been hit by a train.
"BTP and Metropolitan Police officers attended the incident, which was reported to BTP at 7.35pm and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
"Medics from London Ambulance Service also attended but the man, believed to be in his forties and from Surbiton, was pronounced dead at the scene.
"A file will be prepared for the coroner."
A South West Trains spokeswoman said: "Our first thoughts are with the family of the person involved.
"The incident happened around 19.30 and involved the 16.24 Exeter to London Waterloo service.
"There was knock-on disruption to services for the remainder of the evening. We would like to apologise to passengers for the disruption to their services."
Did you know the man? Contact the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email@example.com.
Comments are closed on this article.