Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Person hit by car in New Malden High Street
A pedestrian has been taken to hospital after being hit by a car.
The crash happened at about 7.45am at the junction of High Street and Dukes Avenue.
The pedestrian, a 27-year-old man, was taken to St George's Hospital as a priority while conscious and breathing, a London Ambulance spokeswoman said.
His head had struck the car's windscreen and he had complained of leg pain, she added.
The man did not suffer life-changing injuries, a police spokeswoman said.
A Mini is believed to have been involved.
Traffic in the area is very heavy.
- Welfare reforms forcing families to Kingston Foodbank, organisers say
- Two men on trial after pubgoer's throat slashed at Elvis trbute night
- Eight councillors accused of breaching Kingston Council code of conduct
- VIDEO: Chessington CCTV car crash driver 'may have had view obstructed by lorry'
- Missing 13-year-old from Kingston found safe