Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Person hit by car in New Malden High Street
A pedestrian has been taken to hospital after being hit by a car.
The crash happened at about 7.45am at the junction of High Street and Dukes Avenue.
The pedestrian, a 27-year-old man, was taken to St George's Hospital as a priority while conscious and breathing, a London Ambulance spokeswoman said.
His head had struck the car's windscreen and he had complained of leg pain, she added.
The man did not suffer life-changing injuries, a police spokeswoman said.
A Mini is believed to have been involved.
Traffic in the area is very heavy.
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: 'Being a working parent comes with its own obstacles - and critics'
- Send us your pictures of sunny London and Surrey as warm weather finally arrives
- Vintage Kingston: Man who arrested Nazi cabinet members dies
- Unsung hero: Surbiton walking group leader who organises days out for seniors
- Man who drove across level crossing let off with absolute discharge