The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What's On: 13 reasons to go out this week in south London
- YMCA bodybuilder will make her bikini contest debut
- Dad hits out over school bus cut he fears puts children at risk
- Rowing club remembers 'a bit of an icon' Eve Gould on its 90th anniversary
- Vintage Kingston: Batty about bats affected by town's bright lights