The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Newlywed killed by jet ski crash two days into honeymoon
- Kingston pensioner's decomposing body found after neighbours report bad smell
- Victory for Surbiton residents as Kingston Council admits consultation into rehabilitation services move was 'flawed'
- London Victoria services delayed due to earlier broken down train
- Paedophile ex-council leader Derek Osbourne 'did not contact Rose Theatre about volunteering there'