The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email email@example.com.
- Board the bus for a checkup on your life
- Kingston Council leader pledges to clean up borough's pigeon poo problem
- Unsung Hero: Woman who became Fircroft Trust's Surbiton shop manager 'by accident'
- Vintage Kingston: visitors' guide riddled with mistakes leaves tourism chiefs red-faced
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: 'It's all about cramming things in'