Mysterious humming sound leaves residents baffled - council issues noise diaries (From Surrey Comet)
Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Mysterious humming sound in Surbiton leaves residents baffled - Kingston Council issues noise diaries
The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Welfare reforms forcing families to Kingston Foodbank, organisers say
- Two men on trial after pubgoer's throat slashed at Elvis trbute night
- Eight councillors accused of breaching Kingston Council code of conduct
- VIDEO: Chessington CCTV car crash driver 'may have had view obstructed by lorry'
- Missing 13-year-old from Kingston found safe