The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transport secretary blocked TfL's suburban trains takeover to keep commuter routes 'out of Labour Mayor's clutches', leaked letter suggests
- Kingston University student creates bike out of abandoned golf clubs bought for just 99p
- Arrest made after man walks on tracks at Surbiton station
- Kingston Green party pressured to step aside in Richmond Park byelection because of potential £250,000 donation, local members claim
- Cop Killer: Hit-and-run thug who mowed down and killed policeman caught playing Xbox Live in prison