The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boris Johnson's new 'crime dashboard' promises to help Londoners track crime in their neighbourhood
- Could Kingston station be on the move? Yet more radical ideas to transform town centre
- Precious jewellery among items stolen in Hersham burglary
- No steak for a while after meat thief sent to prison
- Princess Alice nurse shortlisted for national award