The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Body believed to be missing university student Victor Ivanelo found under railway arch near Surbiton station
- Politicians relaunch campaign to see Kingston station rezoned as Chinese firm completes South West Trains takeover
- Hundreds of skin-lightening cosmetics with ingredient linked to cancer seized at Heathrow Airport
- PICTURES: Pupils raise money for Red Nose Day by pelting teachers with sponges
- POLL RESULT: Big majority of you want to remain in EU as Article 50 triggers Brexit