The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email email@example.com.
- Sign up for this year's Surbiton Ski Sunday and raise cash for Shooting Star Chase
- DJ Dr Fox arrested over alleged sexual offences
- Molesey care home faces £100,000 fine as judge decides if carer's poor English left pensioner to choke to death
- Rehab and anxiety treatment services could remain split after "botched" council consultation
- Award nomination for mother of teen murdered outside Streatham ice rink