The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teen director gets ACS Cobham kids singing, dancing and acting
- Surrey Comet news editor welcomes second son
- Neighbourly complaints about derelict Tolworth house surrounded by brambles and weeds
- Residents taken in by church after fire rips through Tolworth bank
- Record shop owner plans to fight Royal Mail development