The ban is intended to keep other vehicles and pedestrians safe, according to the draft traffic management order.
Anyone objecting to the plans should contact the council before Friday, February 21.
- Burka-wearing armed robbers jailed for £40,000 Phones 4U raid
- ‘Strip Twister’ internet paedophile spared jail - despite packing bags for prison
- 'Talk it out': Samaritans offer help and advice to anyone feeling low or suicidal
- Woman in her 70s suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- Families struggling to make ends meet, despite low child poverty figures