The ban is intended to keep other vehicles and pedestrians safe, according to the draft traffic management order.
Anyone objecting to the plans should contact the council before Friday, February 21.
- Rapist jailed for another five years over historic sex crimes against young girls
- Man charged over newsagent 'stepladder' assault
- Mini digger crashes into railway bridge
- Conservative candidate Jack Cheetham wins St James by-election
- Green activist Professor Kayoss fined over criminal damage in commune dispute