A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Dialysis manager 'Dodgy Hodgy' and fraudster friends sentenced for scamming hospital trust out of hundreds of thousands of pounds
- Police increase patrols after gang attacks 'multiple' residents after asking victims 'are you from Chessington?'
- More than 130 Syrian refugee families settled in Surrey
- Jailed: Burglars who stole expensive cars and motorbikes across south London and Surrey
- New update means Uber can now track you until five minutes AFTER your ride is finished