A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- WEATHER: Warm temperatures to continue with cloud cover to arrive this afternoon
- Kingston schools gripped by 'funding crisis', headteachers claim
- 10 things to look forward to in Richmond and Kingston this bank holiday and half term
- Kids as 'young as four' partied at Kingston nightclub before drunken 2am brawl, court hears
- Chessington care home to host open day to 'dispel the myths' around care