A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Hanging bra-skets: Colourful display of ample assets causes titters of amusement at Surbiton station
- PICTURED: What to expect at Adrenaline Rush obstacle race at Kempton Park - including Europe's biggest inflatable water slide
- Updated: Motorcylist in critical condition following Thames Ditton crash
- 'Never had horses as an opening act before': Jess Glynne looks forward to Sandown Park Racecourse gig
- Brexit vote and Boris Johnson bid to succeed Cameron could mean Heathrow expansion is denied, say campaigners