A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- GreanTea's Kingston and Esher members praised for Edinburgh Fringe success
- Kingston named as London's second-happiest borough
- One lane closed on A3 at Hook after crash causing delays back to Esher
- Line-up revealed: Ska, indie, reggae, bashment and dancehall to all feature at biggest Kingston Carnival yet
- New Malden school pays out to teacher fired after his 'sexualised' artist choice led pupil to Google explicit images