A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- A new Tolworth Tower? 23-storey apartment block planned by Tesco
- Drunk driver disqualified after being caught three times over the limit with children in car
- Travellers set up camp by council swimming pool in West Molesey
- Chessington World of Adventures taken to court over fall which left girl with fractured skull
- Firefighters called to tree fire in Long Ditton