A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Shotguns, rifles, pistols and ammunition handed in to Kingston police station
- Thieves burn Christmas tree, steal baubles in Bushy Park
- Arrests after Worcester Park car break ins
- Sentencing adjourned after sex offender swallows pills and demands ambulance
- Kingston Council leader accuses Ed Davey of "scaremongering" over Fairfield