A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Community project celebrates role of Walton hospital in First World War
- Unanimous opposition to Wisley Airfield greenbelt plans
- Pupil fails to secure place at nearest secondary school despite living less than a mile away
- Court order imposed to protect public and dogs from terriers which savaged pet
- School disco cut short after parent reacts to pupils' scuffle