A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Fire crews tackle huge rubbish blaze in Chessington
- New electric black cabs to hit London's streets this year
- BOROUGH VIEW: Your photos of Kingston, Richmond and Elmbridge
- Transport for London takeover of South West Trains ruled out after franchise awarded to private firm and Hong Kong group
- Baa-by boom of lambs and calves expected for Surrey Wildlife Trust's Wisley farm