A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Bus vs Bus: Two double deckers smash into each other in Kingston
- United nations: International Youth Arts Festival returns
- Hair today, hair tomorrow: award-winning New Malden salon still going strong 100 years on
- Mayor of Elmbridge announces Sparks as chosen charity
- Treat for animal-lovers at Princess Alice Hospice dog show and fete