A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Police investigating alleged rape in New Malden
- Radio One's Nick Grimshaw to DJ at Sandown Park this summer
- Children kidnapped in car theft as a group attempted to run from police in M25 chase
- WIN! We’ve got money-can’t-buy X-Men Apocalypse goodies to give away
- IN PICTURES: Surbiton Sardine Festival