A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Labour official suspended after Manchester attack comments
- Neighbours are fuming that police 'ignored' their 999 call when 'robbers threatened them with a power tool' at 2am
- County council restricts spending on street lighting, grit bins and highway schemes under controversial new rule change
- Weather warning blow to bank holiday weekend plans
- Surrey’s streetlights could be turned back on but district and borough councils would have to pay for it