A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- 'Red alert' issued and millions warned to stay at home as London is hit by toxic air from Germany
- Surrey County Council leader confirms move to seek largest council tax hike in the country of 15 per cent
- Korean delegation of students visits Kingston's Guildhall
- Kingston Hospital hands out warm blankets to patients in bid to tackle ward's 'very sterile and clinical' feel
- UPDATE: Vulnerable man with links to Weybridge found