A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Most read stories across Kingston of 2014
- Police deliver 200 presents to cared-for children in Christmas appeal
- Safety fears over roof garden proposal for 300-bed student flats scheme
- Police close case on Kingston town centre 'attack'
- Pop-up pantomime delights children at St Peter's Hospital