Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Chessington Oak pub Elvis night murder accused due to enter plea
A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Anstee Bridge brings 500 years of Kingston crime and punishment to life
- Free school group have had 'great difficulty' looking for site
- Kingston Council accused of subsidising International Youth Arts Festival 'through the back door'
- Royals at Reed's for school's 200th anniversary celebration
- Max Clifford indecent assault trial begins