A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Person dies after being hit by train at Hampton Wick
- Dealer caught with £20,000-worth of crack cocaine and heroin on Kingston estate jailed
- Two arrested during immigration raids in New Malden and Surbiton
- Pillion rider seriously injured in Hersham accident
- Mushroom tamperer gets conditional discharge after Richmond Park picking