A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Cyclist "racked with guilt" raises safety concerns about Richmond Hill descent where man died
- Motorcyclist from Weybridge dies in Kent crash
- Kingston Council told to pay £10,000 to couple for 'wholly unacceptable' delays in care provision
- Prolific burglar jailed after racking up a £700,000 haul in just four years
- Thousands of Kingston adults at risk of heart attack or stroke because of undiagnosed high blood pressure