A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Objections to Walton Charity plans could stand, despite new submission
- High Sheriff of Surrey calls on young people to bid for grants
- Beware the blue balloon - there may be dog poo below
- 'Five car crash' snarls up A3
- Teenage joyrider 'in mum's Mercedes' chased by five police cars around one-way system