A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Family calls for police spying inquiry at Ricky Reel vigil
- Seriously silly: How events like Surbiton Ski Sunday can teach new life skills
- Get your skates on as Hampton Court Palace ice rink returns
- Award for Rose Theatre touring co-production
- Magic Macca: Mind-reader to appear at Rose Theatre's Champions of Magic