A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Bargain hunters swarm as New Malden Aldi opens
- Where's the money? Drug kingpins earn extra 16 years behind bars after failing to stump up criminal cash
- Oxshott crash leaves debris on the road
- Finding Nemo: Police called to stolen CARP find it hiding behind pond weed #mpskingstonlive
- Who’s been stealing this week? 16 people convicted by the courts this week for thefts