A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- What's on at tomorrow's May Merrie in Kingston
- Vintage Kingston: Hospital fights off superbug
- Day centre celebrates 50 years
- Adult educators celebrate 21 years of learning
- Lake-swimming, mud-wading vicar takes on 10k challenge