A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Surbiton needle exchange move 'snuck in under the radar'
- East Molesey stink tackled by Thames Water
- Get ready for some splashing good fun next spring time
- Explosive wonder entertains hundreds at Hampton Court Palace
- RC Sherriff Trust gives £15k toward Christmas Festival of Light