A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- AFC Wimbledon cleared for Plough Lane return
- Investigation launched after cat loses eye in airgun attack in Walton
- PICTURES Terror alert - Fright Night at Thorpe Park for Halloween
- Former Elmbridge resident Sir Cliff Richard will not face historical sexual assault charges after appeal rejected
- Kingston police identify mystery stroke victim after mass social media appeal