A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- UPDATE: Two arrests after man killed in shooting at pool party in Headley
- Cycling great and Tour de France winner Chris Froome to ride through Kingston
- This is what the 'Waitrose effect' can do to the value of your home
- UPDATE: Cause of fire at old BBC sports ground under investigation
- 5 things we learnt from ABC's headline show at Hampton Pool's Summer Picnic Concerts