Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Chessington Oak pub Elvis night murder accused due to enter plea
A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Kingston Council traffic enforcement car crashes in Chessington
- Protest planned as hospital shut-down clause debated in Parliament
- Four men accused of Essence violence appear in court
- A hard cell? Up-market homes plan for former Nazi interrogation prison
- Police appeal for information on 13-year-old boy missing since weekend