A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- House maid tied up by intruders in 'terrifying ordeal' at luxury Kingston home
- Police arrest Walton man over cyclist's death
- “She was trying to poison me”: Paranoid thoughts of man who strangled mum revealed
- Kingston Council leader reveals plans to let you sack lazy or dodgy councillors
- Collapsed sewer to cause traffic delays for a week