A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Elderly woman cut from car by firefighters after Kingston town centre crash
- Out of control bonfire destroys fences and decking at three homes in Cobham
- Cobham Free School chooses 24 pupils from 158 applications
- Money over music? Five year plan will see Kingston nightclubs replaced with shops and housing
- Don't forget the locals: Election candidates for Elmbridge