A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- Mother goose dies protecting goslings in "touching" final act after getting trapped on A3 near Esher
- Tony Drakeford's Nature Notes: Magical month of May
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: Kingston's communities are its jewels
- Vintage Kingston: Town was a desert for diners