Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
Chessington Oak pub Elvis night murder accused due to enter plea
A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Closed Kingston nursery says "staff have been cleared by police"
- Nursery closed over Ofsted 'safeguarding' investigation
- Tolworth newsagent which sold two bottles of vodka to a 14-year-old loses its licence
- Parents of cyclist killed in Raynes Park crash pay tribute to 'lovely, kind' son
- Charity asks parents to take survey on child mental health services