A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Two five-year-olds hospitalised by falling breeze blocks
- VIDEO: Stolen luxury cars from London and Surrey found stuffed inside crates to be shipped overseas
- Second person dies after falling from Kingston town centre car park
- Hurricane Gonzalo: Train line between Surbiton and Hampton Court reopens after fallen tree cleared
- Vigil for student Ricky Reel to be held outside Scotland Yard