A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Devoted nurse retires after a staggering 58 years in the NHS
- 1,000-home Walton 'garden village' plans revived
- Inspirational scientist tells students to 'Say yes to everything, you are good enough'
- Murder investigation launched after man found in Thames in Walton suffered 'trauma to the head'
- Armed police called to New Malden after member of the public mistakes delivery driver's PDA for a gun