A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Thames Ditton beekeeper makes a buzz at Parliament
- Council criticised for buying up land for £67m while 'pleading poverty'
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: Rethinking what it means to be a good neighbour
- Achieving for Children's Nick Whitfield drafted in to save Reading child services
- Garden centre helps save the turtles through voluntary plastic bag charge