A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Residents taken in by church after fire rips through Tolworth bank
- Record shop owner plans to fight Royal Mail development
- Dog bites and 4am starts all part of the job for milkman retiring after 39 years
- Hook Road, Surbiton, to close for two weeks for gas main replacement
- NHS agrees mental health ward closures and £160m investment from land sales