A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Vintage Kingston: Red-hot debate on Tolworth Broadway speed limits
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: 'I still think today is Tuesday'
- New Kingston nursery invites Ofsted inspectors in
- Surrey County Council on track to make savings of £330m by 2016
- Steampunks take over pub for festival