A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Corbynites’ fury at parody Surbiton Momentum Twitter account poking fun at Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn
- Man arrested on suspicion of stealing hammer and threatening to kill staff at Natwest in Weybridge High Street
- London temperatures set to soar as heatwave sets in
- Campaigners blast Kingston Council after failing to attend public meeting on New Malden development plans
- Don't want to do A-levels? There are plenty of other options for life after GCSEs