A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- Head-on van and car crash
- More than 1,500 people wait 10 years or longer for council house in Kingston
- Former Surrey Comet editor: Fake Elm Guest House D-notice claims 'ludicrous'
- Five men charged with smash and grab raid at Mercedes-Benz World
- Hunt on for 'gentleman' burglar who kisses his victims goodbye