Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
Chessington Oak pub Elvis night murder accused due to enter plea
A man is due to appear in court today accused of attempting to murder a fellow drinker at an Elvis night.
John Clifford Thorp, 48, from Essex, is accused of slashing the throat of Gino Taffurelli at the Chessington Oak pub on Friday, September 13.
Mr Taffurelli suffered severe injuries and was rushed to hospital for stitches to his throat.
The alleged attack happened moments before an Elvis tribute night at the Moor Lane pub.
Mr Thorp is due to enter a plea to the attempted murder charge when he appears at Kingston Crown Court in custody this morning.
- New Malden convenience store in trouble over illegal worker
- Olivier Award winner joins Shakespeare's Globe for Midsummer Night's Dream at Rose Theatre
- Paddling pool closure proves a mild irritation
- Squeeze the last of the fun out of summer at Brooklands Museum
- Intrepid trekkers complete 192 mile walk, with a little help from some terriers