The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Councils serve legal papers to Government over 'unlawful support' of Heathrow expansion
- 'Diabolical' traffic-calming scheme in Surbiton has made £500k in fines in just one week
- How to beat norovirus: What to do if you get dreaded vomiting bug
- Patients at risk of 'serious injury' at two major south west London hospitals as urgent repair costs soar past £65m
- REVEALED: Most and least recycling-friendly London boroughs