Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
Bentalls owner Fenwick's Thames Side Wharf plans back up for discussion
The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to email@example.com.
- Parents of cyclist killed in Raynes Park crash pay tribute to 'lovely, kind' son
- Charity asks parents to take survey on child mental health services
- Cyclist who died in Raynes Park collision named as New Malden man
- Photographers capture spectacular lightning strike over Surbiton
- Man admits having kitchen knife and imitation revolver in public
Comments are closed on this article.