The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PICTURES: See inside rotting Surbiton nurses' home plus the vision for redevelopment
- Council sparks massive child abduction scare after reporting own council workers to police
- Missing 15-year-old girl from Thames Ditton has been found safe and well after going missing on Tuesday
- Two people cut from car after A3 crash
- Explosion as bomb disposal experts called to Walton farm