The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to email@example.com.
- Woman in her 60s hospitalised after van crash in Surbiton
- A new Tolworth Tower? 23-storey apartment block planned by Tesco
- Drunk driver disqualified after being caught three times over the limit with children in car
- Travellers set up camp by council swimming pool in West Molesey
- Chessington World of Adventures taken to court over fall which left girl with fractured skull