The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to email@example.com.
- Cobham's Three Meadows site still open for development after Guildford Council vote
- Two companies likely to provide waste collection in four boroughs
- RESULT! You can now stop cold calls to your mobile with a simple text message
- Car and motorbike crash has partially blocked road in Esher
- Viper Rooms brawlers found guilty of affray