Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
Bentalls owner Fenwick's Thames Side Wharf plans back up for discussion
The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposal to close hospital's mental health services and cut beds
- Former Surrey Comet reporter and Kingston church elder dies
- Sound artist brings a first to Richmond's open spaces
- Sneak peek: Reel Big Fish in rehearsal for tonight's Banquet Records gig at the Rose Theatre
- Tolworth Tower: What would you like to see happen to iconic building?
Comments are closed on this article.