The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to email@example.com.
- 'A sticky plaster over a gaping wound': Council tax in Kingston to rise by 4.99 per cent in midst of social care crisis
- Toxic air warnings issued across south London as pollution levels hit 'red alert' once again
- Rush hour tailbacks after water main bursts outside Bentall Centre in Kingston town centre
- Parents join Kingston and Richmond headteachers in campaign against Government 'stealth cuts' at schools
- The MOT system could be set for a shake-up - see if you'll be affected