The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to email@example.com.
- Changes to recycling could mean fortnightly collections
- Detectives renew appeal over Chessington stabbing
- "Humiliating" Snapchat video shown to murder accused before fatal stabbing of Jamil Palmer, Old Bailey hears
- UPDATE: Search for Walton man Viktoras Bruzas after two 'stabbed to death' in Fetcham
- Son helps terminally ill mother celebrate wedding anniversary with visit to pub where she married