The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Body believed to be missing university student Victor Ivanelo found under railway arch near Surbiton station
- Politicians relaunch campaign to see Kingston station rezoned as Chinese firm completes South West Trains takeover
- Hundreds of skin-lightening cosmetics with ingredient linked to cancer seized at Heathrow Airport
- PICTURES: Pupils raise money for Red Nose Day by pelting teachers with sponges
- POLL RESULT: Big majority of you want to remain in EU as Article 50 triggers Brexit