The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GALLERY: Your photos of Storm Doris chaos
- 'We're fading away': Kingstonian finally seals deal for ground next year - but supporters face trek to Leatherhead
- Ralph Brazier inquest: Pothole that caused death of cyclist was in a 'high risk location and should have been seen urgently'
- Update: Fire in Chessington under control
- Storm Doris: Firefighters tackle 'precarious hoarding' in New Malden retail park - road closures in place