The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Argos says DO NOT use these car seats due to child safety fears
- "Savvy commercial head and social heart": Kingston Council's new chief executive
- Chessington World of Adventures planning large revamp over next 10 years
- What's on: 12 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Vintage Kingston: Consultants at Kingston Hospital given £2.5m pay rise