The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- Mother goose dies protecting goslings in "touching" final act after getting trapped on A3 near Esher
- Tony Drakeford's Nature Notes: Magical month of May
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: Kingston's communities are its jewels
- Vintage Kingston: Town was a desert for diners