The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to email@example.com.
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: "You may be reading this thinking I have lost my mind, but it can be so easy to get into a rut in a relationship and not bother at all"
- Banquet Records celebrates 10 years
- Vintage Kingston: Nearly 1,000 fed-up commuters sign petition demanding improvements
- Chessington school gets 'good' Ofsted rating
- Crowdfunding helps community group pass 2.5k garden target