Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Bentalls owner Fenwick's Thames Side Wharf plans back up for discussion
The company which owns the Bentalls store is to take its plans to redevelop the Vicarage Road area back to councillors for approval.
Fenwick Ltd saw its proposed Thames Side Wharf development, including 97 apartments and an art quarter, rejected at a development control committee meeting in December.
But it has now offered to almost double its contribution for affordable housing – a major sticking point for councillors – to £500,000.
Committee chairman Councillor Vicki Harris had called the initial £266,000 offer “absolutely laughable”.
Fenwick’s revised contribution will be discussed at a development control meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday, January 30, at the Guildhall.
What do you think of the plans? Write to email@example.com.
- Firefighters called to Chessington gas cylinder blaze
- An Easter message of love and new life
- Mum about town with Angellica Bell: My son setting the world to rights with a snail in the sun
- Unsung hero: Rotary member doing his bit against worldwide disease
- First supper club women recreate Da Vinci's iconic painting in time for Easter
Comments are closed on this article.