Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Police appeal for missing 70-year-old woman last seen in Worcester Park
- 'Inadequate' South East Coast Ambulance Service placed into special measures
- Husband 'murdered wife by hitting her in the head with an axe' after divorce row, court hears
- New Surbiton free school provider sets sights on King Charles Centre
- Chessington World of Adventures unlikely to suffer from £5m Alton Towers fine following Smiler crash