Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email email@example.com.
- Delays and cancellations on the trains possible until 8pm due to signalling problems
- Victim speaks out against grandfather who sexually assaulted her and "told everybody I made it up"
- 'I sent them packing': How Kingston man saved 11 adorable ducklings from predatory crows
- Councils join forces to push for devolved powers to 'create 500,000 new jobs and 20,000 extra homes'
- Sean Heiss murder trial: Accused brutally killed woman in Spain months after strangling mother