Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email email@example.com.
- Nepal earthquake: Former Royal Marsden nurse tells how her colleagues stepped in when airport closure blocked bigger NGOs
- Plans to open new Kingston technical college for 800 pupils by 2017
- VIDEO: Commuters blocked from Surbiton platform as signalling problem causes 40-minute delays
- Bank holiday weekend fun for another Oxshott Village Day
- Five men found in the back of a lorry at Cobham services