Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attempted armed robbery in Worcester Park
- Snow falls in Hersham as Surrey told to be aware of risk of icy night
- Surbiton man arrested in HMRC investigation of £50m fraud
- Police appeal for missing teenager with links to Kingston
- UPDATE: Dog dies after attack by 'pitbull-type' dogs in Berrylands