Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email email@example.com.
- Mayor Sadiq Khan to London's EU migrants: 'You are welcome here'
- No charges for police officers after IPCC investigation of Liam Albert car chase
- 'It broke me': Bereaved mum's campaign to help parents who have lost a twin baby
- Former London Mayor candidate urges progress as statistics show half of Kingston police officers live outside London
- Post-Brexit resignation an 'unworthy end' for David Cameron, Kingston and Surbiton MP James Berry says