These poor swans struggled against the racing Thames current yesterday after heavy rains swelled the river.
The moat at Hampton Court palace also flooded for only the second time in a decade.
The video was taken by IT worker Kris Smith.
And Raven’s Ait in Surbiton was also deluged, with the Thames lapping at the edge of the island.
Former owner Ozzie Stewart said: “It won’t get into the island. The boatyard [Hart’s Boatyard in Portsmouth Road] like everything else on the river at the moment is pretty badly flooded.”
Photographer Anthony Falla also took these pictures of other parts of the riverside, including the Hogsmill, threatened or already engulfed by water.
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tube workers vote on strike action in dispute over sacked colleague
- WEATHER: Temperatures set to soar as March checks out
- Politicians relaunch campaign to rezone Kingston station as Chinese firm completes South West Trains takeover
- Hundreds of skin-lightening cosmetics with ingredient linked to cancer seized at Heathrow Airport
- PICTURES: Pupils raise money for Red Nose Day by pelting teachers with sponges