Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
VIDEO: Swans struggle to swim after heavy rain swells river Thames in Kingston
These poor swans struggled against the racing Thames current yesterday after heavy rains swelled the river.
The moat at Hampton Court palace also flooded for only the second time in a decade.
The video was taken by IT worker Kris Smith.
And Raven’s Ait in Surbiton was also deluged, with the Thames lapping at the edge of the island.
Former owner Ozzie Stewart said: “It won’t get into the island. The boatyard [Hart’s Boatyard in Portsmouth Road] like everything else on the river at the moment is pretty badly flooded.”
Photographer Anthony Falla also took these pictures of other parts of the riverside, including the Hogsmill, threatened or already engulfed by water.
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- River police evict 17 boats moored illegally in Hampton
- BBC Good Food Festival hits Hampton Court Palace this weekend
- Walton firefighters free horse trapped in ditch
- John Terry gets a soaking for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Seething Trycyclingathon rolls around again
Comments are closed on this article.