These poor swans struggled against the racing Thames current yesterday after heavy rains swelled the river.
The moat at Hampton Court palace also flooded for only the second time in a decade.
The video was taken by IT worker Kris Smith.
And Raven’s Ait in Surbiton was also deluged, with the Thames lapping at the edge of the island.
Former owner Ozzie Stewart said: “It won’t get into the island. The boatyard [Hart’s Boatyard in Portsmouth Road] like everything else on the river at the moment is pretty badly flooded.”
Photographer Anthony Falla also took these pictures of other parts of the riverside, including the Hogsmill, threatened or already engulfed by water.
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email email@example.com.
- Woman in her 70s suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- Families struggling to make ends meet, despite low child poverty figures
- Fly-tipping forces road closure in West Molesey
- Poignant war cemetery visit for Cobham school children
- 'A tragic accident': Husband's fish smoker started house fire that killed 90-year-old Chessington pensioner