Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
VIDEO: Swans struggle to swim after heavy rain swells river Thames in Kingston
These poor swans struggled against the racing Thames current yesterday after heavy rains swelled the river.
The moat at Hampton Court palace also flooded for only the second time in a decade.
The video was taken by IT worker Kris Smith.
And Raven’s Ait in Surbiton was also deluged, with the Thames lapping at the edge of the island.
Former owner Ozzie Stewart said: “It won’t get into the island. The boatyard [Hart’s Boatyard in Portsmouth Road] like everything else on the river at the moment is pretty badly flooded.”
Photographer Anthony Falla also took these pictures of other parts of the riverside, including the Hogsmill, threatened or already engulfed by water.
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Woman who died in Chessington house fire named
- Drunk carried fake gun and knife to 'scare people who hate me'
- Have you seen this man?: Worcester Park robber on the run after escaping from police during hospital visit
- Less than £9,000 of £400,000 Surbiton Hospital fund spent on patients
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
Comments are closed on this article.