These poor swans struggled against the racing Thames current yesterday after heavy rains swelled the river.
The moat at Hampton Court palace also flooded for only the second time in a decade.
The video was taken by IT worker Kris Smith.
And Raven’s Ait in Surbiton was also deluged, with the Thames lapping at the edge of the island.
Former owner Ozzie Stewart said: “It won’t get into the island. The boatyard [Hart’s Boatyard in Portsmouth Road] like everything else on the river at the moment is pretty badly flooded.”
Photographer Anthony Falla also took these pictures of other parts of the riverside, including the Hogsmill, threatened or already engulfed by water.
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 'It's plain stupid': Enraged campaigners dress as no entry signs in latest campaign against Surbiton Crescent traffic scheme
- Teenager who drowned in Thames was a 'less than average' swimmer who was caught in 'strong' current
- Bill presented to Parliament to stop Lee Valley park tax on south Londoners after this website's campaign
- Morden mosque fire: Trial date set for teenager charged with arson
- First woman Met Police Commissioner announced