These poor swans struggled against the racing Thames current yesterday after heavy rains swelled the river.
The moat at Hampton Court palace also flooded for only the second time in a decade.
The video was taken by IT worker Kris Smith.
And Raven’s Ait in Surbiton was also deluged, with the Thames lapping at the edge of the island.
Former owner Ozzie Stewart said: “It won’t get into the island. The boatyard [Hart’s Boatyard in Portsmouth Road] like everything else on the river at the moment is pretty badly flooded.”
Photographer Anthony Falla also took these pictures of other parts of the riverside, including the Hogsmill, threatened or already engulfed by water.
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winners of our Young Reporter scheme for 2015 celebrated at awards
- Jobs under threat as Kingston and Sutton get set to share raft of services to cut costs
- Homeowners in SW19 and nearby can net thousands of pounds from Wimbledon tennis tournament
- Work on controversial incinerator set to start next month
- South London teenager Tom Holland unveiled as new Spider-Man