These poor swans struggled against the racing Thames current yesterday after heavy rains swelled the river.
The moat at Hampton Court palace also flooded for only the second time in a decade.
The video was taken by IT worker Kris Smith.
And Raven’s Ait in Surbiton was also deluged, with the Thames lapping at the edge of the island.
Former owner Ozzie Stewart said: “It won’t get into the island. The boatyard [Hart’s Boatyard in Portsmouth Road] like everything else on the river at the moment is pretty badly flooded.”
Photographer Anthony Falla also took these pictures of other parts of the riverside, including the Hogsmill, threatened or already engulfed by water.
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Richmond Park candidates go head-to-head at Federation of Small Businesses hustings
- Vintage Kingston: Cygnet failure as injured swan delays trains
- Oasis Children's Centre gets £1.3k from Elmbridge Community Fund
- Andy Murray tweets Reed's School win at World Schools Tennis Championships
- Travel Smart project wins Surrey an honourable mention