Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
VIDEO: Swans struggle to swim after heavy rain swells river Thames in Kingston
These poor swans struggled against the racing Thames current yesterday after heavy rains swelled the river.
The moat at Hampton Court palace also flooded for only the second time in a decade.
The video was taken by IT worker Kris Smith.
And Raven’s Ait in Surbiton was also deluged, with the Thames lapping at the edge of the island.
Former owner Ozzie Stewart said: “It won’t get into the island. The boatyard [Hart’s Boatyard in Portsmouth Road] like everything else on the river at the moment is pretty badly flooded.”
Photographer Anthony Falla also took these pictures of other parts of the riverside, including the Hogsmill, threatened or already engulfed by water.
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First supper club women recreate Da Vinci's iconic painting in time for Easter
- Des O'Connor talks about his career ahead of a trip to the Rose Theatre
- Hit the lights: Riverside Kingston illuminated for opening night
- Kingston Council deny CCTV cars which have raised £2.7m are 'prowling for easy targets'
- Surbiton company designs background for Mo Farah waxwork
Comments are closed on this article.