Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
VIDEO: Swans struggle to swim after heavy rain swells river Thames in Kingston
These poor swans struggled against the racing Thames current yesterday after heavy rains swelled the river.
The moat at Hampton Court palace also flooded for only the second time in a decade.
The video was taken by IT worker Kris Smith.
And Raven’s Ait in Surbiton was also deluged, with the Thames lapping at the edge of the island.
Former owner Ozzie Stewart said: “It won’t get into the island. The boatyard [Hart’s Boatyard in Portsmouth Road] like everything else on the river at the moment is pretty badly flooded.”
Photographer Anthony Falla also took these pictures of other parts of the riverside, including the Hogsmill, threatened or already engulfed by water.
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email email@example.com.
- 'Considerable' rise in achievement at Chessington primary school
- Kingston Council scraps building plans for Surbiton schools in expansion u-turn
- Rolling with Rick Astley as Never Gonna Give You Up singer gets ready for Hampton Court Palace Festival
- Anstee Bridge brings 500 years of Kingston crime and punishment to life
- Free school group have had 'great difficulty' looking for site
Comments are closed on this article.