A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Newlyweds surprised 'optional staff gratuities' at Richmond Park wedding venue not shared evenly among staff
- Tube chiefs and unions in talks to avoid more strikes
- Can you help Max? Carer launches appeal to help special needs child secure 'desperately needed' DIY SOS renovation
- This 'wasted opportunity' could unlock space for thousands of new homes in London
- Ex-England rugby star Nick Easter launches revamped New Malden B&Q store