A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Rail engineering works set to affect London marathon runners and spectators tomorrow
- Taxi overturns after hitting lamppost in Cobham
- Look out for election donkey in Esher today
- Shelter was "an absolute godsend and I will never forget it"
- Former Surbiton milk depot to become housing site