A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Three escape serious injury in head-on car crash
- "Did you save my life?" - Biker injured in crash searches for man and doctor who saved him
- Convicted burglar wanted by Surrey Police
- Al-Hilli murders: Motorcyclist suspect '95 percent ruled out of inquiry'
- Short-changed? South West Trains apology for recent reduced train sizes