A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- "We will not go without a fight" - multicultural community centre's future to come 'under review' by Kingston Council
- Ghosts, screaming spirits and hauntings: What is the spookiest place in your area?
- "Witchcraft is not evil" says witch on Halloween
- Send us your spookiest Halloween pictures
- Family's house swap fails after housing company breaches data protection laws