Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
Spicy Island Indian restaurant's licence revoked after illegal workers found in New Malden
A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Man hospitalised after Hook Road crash
- Norbiton and New Malden roads closed both ways due to flooding
- Lightning strike causes massive train disruption
- Former Busted and Fightstar frontman Charlie Simpson back in Kingston for intimate acoustic gig
- Three year wait for Charito Cruz murder report
Comments are closed on this article.