A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Vintage Kingston: Borough rocked by hurricane-force winds
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: 'Why do we only try new things when we're little?'
- Judo club joins forces with Shooting Star Chase
- Cancer programme at Ashford Hospital to offer any help required
- Man jailed for historic sexual abuse against two girls between ages of 10 and 15 years old