A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- No criminal case to answer over cyclist Ralph Brazier's death, police say
- Plans for complete overhaul of Kingston's Eden Walk approved by councillors
- Man suffered ‘acute alcohol withdrawal’ before he went missing from hospital and was found dead on dual carriageway
- WATCH: Want a Chewbacca mask like the one in that Facebook video? The Force is not with you ...
- Kingston's BalletBoyz bring Frame film and dance festival to town in June