A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: 'Having a great cause to run for spurs you on'
- Vintage Kingston: Borough gets ready for tourist invasion
- Unsung Hero: Grandmother who visits cancer patients in memory of husband
- Esher Church of England High School welcomes new headteacher
- Thames Ditton snapper reaches final of Moto-Foto competition