A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Swans covered in oil and diesel after bus fire fuel leak spills into the Hogsmill river
- WATCH: Double-decker bus engulfed in flames after catching fire in Kingston's Market Place
- Huge shock as Sarah Olney defeats Zac Goldsmith in Richmond Park and North Kingston by-election
- Husband who killed Sonita Nijhawan in "brutal and sustained attack" in Weybridge jailed for life
- Surrey teen with severe physical disability gets early Christmas wish to meet pop star