A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Double killer, Lithuanian builder Viktoras Bruzas, asked police "how long do you get for murder in this country"?
- Student killed outside Kingston Uni was 'on her way to hand in final coursework'
- M25 speed camera fines to help make Surrey’s roads safer, says police and crime commissioner
- UPDATE: Driver of car in fatal Kingston crash arrested after woman dies and six others are injured
- Big cigarette haul for wall-smashing thieves