A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- People have been evacuated from their homes because of gas leak in Chessington
- Three-year-old reunited with man who rescued her from the Thames
- Terror alert raised to critical after Manchester terror attack
- Police launch probe as cyclist dies after crash with car
- General Election campaigning to remain suspended after Manchester terror attack