A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- WATCH: Courteeners frontman Liam Fray storms off stage after being hit in head with bottle at Kingston's Hippodrome
- UPDATE: Cyclist taken to hospital after being hit by a car in north Kingston
- Network Rail reportedly set to lose sole control of British rail infrastructure
- Teenage boy admits to smearing poo on cell walls at Kingston police station in dirty protest
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan to spend 'record amount' on London cycling initiatives