A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Prison for ram-raiders who smashed into luxury car showroom Mercedes-Benz World in a pick-up truck and gassed staff
- George Cross bravery award for friend who tried to save Kingston marine from tragic snorkelling accident
- Four years in jail for driver who killed jogger after falling asleep at wheel
- Sean Heiss murder trial: Hockey star recounts night of next-door neighbour's killing
- Body found in Thames by Eel Pie Island