A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Things to do in Kingston with the undead on Halloween 2014
- Ghosts, screaming spirits and hauntings: Which are the most spooky places?
- "Witchcraft is not evil" says witch on warmest Halloween yet
- Send us your scariest Halloween pictures
- "We will not go without a fight" - multicultural community centre's future to come 'under review' by Kingston Council