A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Bank Holiday engineering work to be "least disruptive" of recent years as National Rail warn passengers to check before travel
- Bank Holiday Weekend weather: enjoy the sun while it lasts as Monday is set to be a washout
- Kingston town centre losing three major chains and a supermarket
- Kingston MP defends vote against resettling 3,000 Syrian child refugees
- Tolworth pupil lays wreath for great-grandfather who gave up playing for Manchester United to fight in World War I