A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- How did Richmond and Kingston schools fare in the latest league tables?
- BOROUGH VIEW: Your photos of Kingston, Richmond and Elmbridge
- IN PICTURES: Kingston students don their caps and gowns in graduation ceremonies
- Tennis players in Elmbridge may have to pay to play after discussions to reintroduce court fees
- Surrey Police named in LGBT+ charity's Workplace Equality Index