A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Scrap vehicle set alight in suspected arson
- Power in the union: How Surrey Save can help solve your financial troubles
- ACS Cobham students go global for international fair
- Brownies put on tasty teas for people from community centres
- Man jailed for picking up knife used to stab teenager in gang brawl