A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Zane Gbangbola inquest: Amber alarm sounded on firefighters' gas readers for hydrogen cyanide as they inspected Weybridge pupil's home
- Motorcyclist rushed to hospital after hit-and-run crash that closed A3 near Esher for four hours
- Man arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after car careers off New Malden flyover and catches fire
- Fire 'completely destroys' first floor of guesthouse in Cobham
- Monday’s weather: A cloudy morning will give way to an afternoon of sunshine across south west London and north Surrey