A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Attempted armed robbery in Worcester Park
- Snow falls in Hersham as Surrey told to be aware of risk of icy night
- Surbiton man arrested in HMRC investigation of £50m fraud
- Police appeal for missing teenager with links to Kingston
- UPDATE: Dog dies after attack by 'pitbull-type' dogs in Berrylands