Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Spicy Island Indian restaurant's licence revoked after illegal workers found in New Malden
A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Repeat of director's secret £128,000 pay-off 'would have to be voted on by councillors' in future
- Step back in time for pub quiz on Hook's past
- 'Considerable' rise in achievement at Chessington primary school
- Kingston Council scraps building plans for Surbiton schools in expansion u-turn
- Rolling with Rick Astley as Never Gonna Give You Up singer gets ready for Hampton Court Palace Festival
Comments are closed on this article.