A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- 'Second chance': A suicidal woman has thanked police for saving her life
- Anyone hoping for snow this week or a dry bank holiday is going to be disappointed
- ‘Don’t let bins become stepping stones’: Surrey Police’s advice after neighbours were burgled on same day
- Conservative councillor defects to Liberal Democrats because of 'government's hard Brexit'
- Wildlife trust launches campaign to save prickly British icon disappearing faster than tigers