A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- Modern romance: Romeo and Juliet to hit the Rose Theatre this weekend
- PICTURES: See inside rotting Surbiton nurses' home plus the vision for redevelopment
- Council sparks massive child abduction scare after reporting own council workers to police
- Missing 15-year-old girl from Thames Ditton has been found safe and well after going missing on Tuesday
- Two people cut from car after A3 crash