A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- UPDATE: Zac Goldsmith quits as MP - but will stand again in protest over Heathrow expansion
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway
- VIDEO AND PHOTOS: 'Thanks for caring Kingston' - injured police dog feels the love after attack
- JAILED: Security manager at Bentalls department store in Kingston who sold stolen goods from work on eBay
- Police link three 'targeted' violent attacks on boys