A New Malden restaurant has had its license revoked after illegal workers were found working inside.
Spicy Island in Burlington Road, which serves Sri Lankan and Indian food, has had its license revoked at a licensing sub-licensing meeting today.
Councillors made the decision after two people who did not have the right to work in the UK were found working inside the restaurant.
Su La Korean in Kingston Road also had its future hanging in the balance after four illegal workers were discovered, but it was allowed to stay open after five new conditions were imposed and another condition amended at the hearing.
The raids by Home Office officers and police were carried out in October last year.
- YMCA bodybuilder will make her bikini contest debut
- Dad hits out over school bus cut he fears puts children at risk
- Rowing club remembers 'a bit of an icon' Eve Gould on its 90th anniversary
- Vintage Kingston: Batty about bats affected by town's bright lights
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: Manic workload was totally worth it