Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Cyclist crashes into stationary van in Park Road, Kingston
A cyclist has been hospitalised after crashing into the door of a non-moving van in Kingston.
The man, thought to be in his 40s, was taken to the major trauma centre at St George’s Hospital after the crash in Park Road.
A London Ambulance spokeswoman said paramedics were called at about 7.15am today.
A second patient was checked over but not taken to hospital, she said.
The cyclist's injuries are no longer thought to be life-threatening or life-changing, a Kingston police spokeswoman said, despite earlier reports that his condition was more serious.
Earlier a Metropolitan Police spokesperson said the man, believed to be in his early 40s, had collided with the open door of a stationary van.
The man’s family has been told of his injuries.
Police have asked for information about the crash. Witnesses should contact D Sgt John Hartfree at the Hampton Traffic Garage on 020 8941 9011.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three children found dead in New Malden
- Man suffers leg and pelvic injuries in crash between car and motorbike
- Fake gun burglar jailed for seven years after petrified victim jumped off balcony
- Drinkers raise hundreds for breast cancer charity at Hook Beer Festival
- Bravery award for man who risked his life to save another
Comments are closed on this article.