Vandals scrawl more offensive graffiti on planned Worcester Park mosque

Surrey Comet: The graffiti is so offensive we cannot show it (pic: Simon Densley (The Worcester Park Blog)) The graffiti is so offensive we cannot show it (pic: Simon Densley (The Worcester Park Blog))

Vandals have scrawled offensive graffiti on the door of a building a Muslim community wants to use as a mosque.

The graffiti was spotted on the front door of the Bank Chambers building in Green Lane, which is owned by a Muslim group that has had two applications to turn the building into a mosque for the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jama'at  branch of Islam turned down, over the weekend.

The graffiti, which says "f*** off c****", has been reported to police.

Surrey Comet:

The large swastika had to be painted-over so no-one could see it earlier this year

It is not the first time the building has been targeted by vandals, earlier this year someone daubed a swastika on the same door.

If you have any information about the graffiti you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Comments (42)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:29pm Mon 9 Dec 13

EwellMan says...

What bad reporting....

Just because the writing was on a " want to be mosque" its now classed as offensive. The article mentions the word "F*** off C***", i had the same thing written on a virgin media cabinet opposite my house, was that also being turned into a mosque. Seriously.....

Seems like someone wants local media attention to a deralict building and how turning into a mosque would be a good thing. How do we know the owners didnt do this for exactly that reason?
What bad reporting.... Just because the writing was on a " want to be mosque" its now classed as offensive. The article mentions the word "F*** off C***", i had the same thing written on a virgin media cabinet opposite my house, was that also being turned into a mosque. Seriously..... Seems like someone wants local media attention to a deralict building and how turning into a mosque would be a good thing. How do we know the owners didnt do this for exactly that reason? EwellMan

5:53pm Mon 9 Dec 13

edstar says...

EwellMan wrote:
What bad reporting....

Just because the writing was on a " want to be mosque" its now classed as offensive. The article mentions the word "F*** off C***", i had the same thing written on a virgin media cabinet opposite my house, was that also being turned into a mosque. Seriously.....

Seems like someone wants local media attention to a deralict building and how turning into a mosque would be a good thing. How do we know the owners didnt do this for exactly that reason?
I think some one wrote this on the door to make people think that the Muslims wrote this to get local media attention to a deralict (SIC) building and how turning into a mosque would be a good thing.
[quote][p][bold]EwellMan[/bold] wrote: What bad reporting.... Just because the writing was on a " want to be mosque" its now classed as offensive. The article mentions the word "F*** off C***", i had the same thing written on a virgin media cabinet opposite my house, was that also being turned into a mosque. Seriously..... Seems like someone wants local media attention to a deralict building and how turning into a mosque would be a good thing. How do we know the owners didnt do this for exactly that reason?[/p][/quote]I think some one wrote this on the door to make people think that the Muslims wrote this to get local media attention to a deralict (SIC) building and how turning into a mosque would be a good thing. edstar

6:57pm Mon 9 Dec 13

ResidentTony says...

Every now and again if something looks very very likely indeed to be the work of bigots, it actually IS the work of bigots...,,,,,,,
Every now and again if something looks very very likely indeed to be the work of bigots, it actually IS the work of bigots...,,,,,,, ResidentTony

7:25pm Mon 9 Dec 13

EwellMan says...

ResidentTony wrote:
Every now and again if something looks very very likely indeed to be the work of bigots, it actually IS the work of bigots...,,,,,,,
Every now and then people use the word Bigot to identify an individual when all they have done is express their view of a particular project. This county used to herald freedom of speech but slowly we are being muted by the namby pamby sqad in case we updet anyone. Quite a sad world really.

I dont agree with grafitti but If that had been written on anything other than this building in worcester park it would not of received any airtime. Thats even more sad.
[quote][p][bold]ResidentTony[/bold] wrote: Every now and again if something looks very very likely indeed to be the work of bigots, it actually IS the work of bigots...,,,,,,,[/p][/quote]Every now and then people use the word Bigot to identify an individual when all they have done is express their view of a particular project. This county used to herald freedom of speech but slowly we are being muted by the namby pamby sqad in case we updet anyone. Quite a sad world really. I dont agree with grafitti but If that had been written on anything other than this building in worcester park it would not of received any airtime. Thats even more sad. EwellMan

7:33pm Mon 9 Dec 13

ResidentTony says...

I don't agree with the over-use of the word bigot. But in this case my use of the word is if anything generous.
I don't agree with the over-use of the word bigot. But in this case my use of the word is if anything generous. ResidentTony

10:49pm Mon 9 Dec 13

GreenBrown says...

Bigot! I could think of worse things to be called. According to the online free dictionary a bigot is - One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ. I don't see anything too bad in that statement. I am more partial to my own culture and country folk and I don't think this country should tolerate a lot of what goes on, especially in certain areas and in certain communities. If people in this country had been a little less tolerant we wouldn't have half the problems we have now.

I would imagine if there was an entry for Brainwashed Liberal it would read - One who is programed to hate what was traditionally ones own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant towards those who haven't swallowed all the PC rubbish that has crept in over the years like they have.
Bigot! I could think of worse things to be called. According to the online free dictionary a bigot is - One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ. I don't see anything too bad in that statement. I am more partial to my own culture and country folk and I don't think this country should tolerate a lot of what goes on, especially in certain areas and in certain communities. If people in this country had been a little less tolerant we wouldn't have half the problems we have now. I would imagine if there was an entry for Brainwashed Liberal it would read - One who is programed to hate what was traditionally ones own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant towards those who haven't swallowed all the PC rubbish that has crept in over the years like they have. GreenBrown

11:48pm Mon 9 Dec 13

ResidentTony says...

GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......
GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan...... ResidentTony

7:02am Tue 10 Dec 13

Liberals are deluded says...

It is blatantly obvious this was written by someone from the militant left . Come on lefty loons give me some arrows
It is blatantly obvious this was written by someone from the militant left . Come on lefty loons give me some arrows Liberals are deluded

8:50am Tue 10 Dec 13

GreenBrown says...

ResidentTony wrote:
GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......
Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election.
[quote][p][bold]ResidentTony[/bold] wrote: GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......[/p][/quote]Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election. GreenBrown

9:17am Tue 10 Dec 13

lordofzombies says...

Are you sure it didnt say "CHRISTMAS TREE SALE!"
Are you sure it didnt say "CHRISTMAS TREE SALE!" lordofzombies

1:00pm Tue 10 Dec 13

Best_Name_Ever says...

GreenBrown wrote:
ResidentTony wrote: GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......
Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election.
Look at all the abnormal people downvoting your old fashioned, boring, predictable comments GreenBrown and EwellMan! Better get your work collegues on here GreenBrown pronto, or you might start looking silly...oh wait.
[quote][p][bold]GreenBrown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ResidentTony[/bold] wrote: GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......[/p][/quote]Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election.[/p][/quote]Look at all the abnormal people downvoting your old fashioned, boring, predictable comments GreenBrown and EwellMan! Better get your work collegues on here GreenBrown pronto, or you might start looking silly...oh wait. Best_Name_Ever

1:15pm Tue 10 Dec 13

EwellMan says...

Best_Name_Ever wrote:
GreenBrown wrote:
ResidentTony wrote: GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......
Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election.
Look at all the abnormal people downvoting your old fashioned, boring, predictable comments GreenBrown and EwellMan! Better get your work collegues on here GreenBrown pronto, or you might start looking silly...oh wait.
Yawwwwnnnnn.....hear
d it all before. Got anything new?

How can you look silly saying that potlitical correctness has made this country the mess it is and that people throwing insults and accusing racism and being a biggot is acceptable when they dont know the people they are throwing them at? Isnt that what forum trolls do?
[quote][p][bold]Best_Name_Ever[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GreenBrown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ResidentTony[/bold] wrote: GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......[/p][/quote]Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election.[/p][/quote]Look at all the abnormal people downvoting your old fashioned, boring, predictable comments GreenBrown and EwellMan! Better get your work collegues on here GreenBrown pronto, or you might start looking silly...oh wait.[/p][/quote]Yawwwwnnnnn.....hear d it all before. Got anything new? How can you look silly saying that potlitical correctness has made this country the mess it is and that people throwing insults and accusing racism and being a biggot is acceptable when they dont know the people they are throwing them at? Isnt that what forum trolls do? EwellMan

1:33pm Tue 10 Dec 13

Best_Name_Ever says...

EwellMan wrote:
Best_Name_Ever wrote:
GreenBrown wrote:
ResidentTony wrote: GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......
Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election.
Look at all the abnormal people downvoting your old fashioned, boring, predictable comments GreenBrown and EwellMan! Better get your work collegues on here GreenBrown pronto, or you might start looking silly...oh wait.
Yawwwwnnnnn.....hear d it all before. Got anything new? How can you look silly saying that potlitical correctness has made this country the mess it is and that people throwing insults and accusing racism and being a biggot is acceptable when they dont know the people they are throwing them at? Isnt that what forum trolls do?
You need to take your own advice! Have you got anything new? You accuse others of throwing insults, yet you are calling people you dont know the 'namby pamby squad'. Might want to step down from that moral high ground.

I understand that not everyone can accept the fact that Britian is changing. If you can’t get along with it, then you and your antiquated views are just going to get left behind.

And if it makes you feel better calling people with opinions who differs from your own forum trolls, then go for it.
[quote][p][bold]EwellMan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Best_Name_Ever[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GreenBrown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ResidentTony[/bold] wrote: GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......[/p][/quote]Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election.[/p][/quote]Look at all the abnormal people downvoting your old fashioned, boring, predictable comments GreenBrown and EwellMan! Better get your work collegues on here GreenBrown pronto, or you might start looking silly...oh wait.[/p][/quote]Yawwwwnnnnn.....hear d it all before. Got anything new? How can you look silly saying that potlitical correctness has made this country the mess it is and that people throwing insults and accusing racism and being a biggot is acceptable when they dont know the people they are throwing them at? Isnt that what forum trolls do?[/p][/quote]You need to take your own advice! Have you got anything new? You accuse others of throwing insults, yet you are calling people you dont know the 'namby pamby squad'. Might want to step down from that moral high ground. I understand that not everyone can accept the fact that Britian is changing. If you can’t get along with it, then you and your antiquated views are just going to get left behind. And if it makes you feel better calling people with opinions who differs from your own forum trolls, then go for it. Best_Name_Ever

1:37pm Tue 10 Dec 13

ResidentTony says...

The two bits of graffiti were totally unacceptable and, instead of trying to explain them away, GreenBrown et al should be condemning them, as any reasonable person would (imho). You certainly don't even have to be "PC" (to use your word), to do that. Condenm the graffiti and move on.......
The two bits of graffiti were totally unacceptable and, instead of trying to explain them away, GreenBrown et al should be condemning them, as any reasonable person would (imho). You certainly don't even have to be "PC" (to use your word), to do that. Condenm the graffiti and move on....... ResidentTony

2:12pm Tue 10 Dec 13

EwellMan says...

ResidentTony wrote:
The two bits of graffiti were totally unacceptable and, instead of trying to explain them away, GreenBrown et al should be condemning them, as any reasonable person would (imho). You certainly don't even have to be "PC" (to use your word), to do that. Condenm the graffiti and move on.......
Tony, If you take the time to read revious comments properly you would see i did comment on the Grafitti being wrong but like i also said in previous comments this type on thing happens on street furniture, garages, playparks all the time so why is this made news? The comment was not against a persons colour of religion so why?

So not sure where your response is coming from? any ideaa?
[quote][p][bold]ResidentTony[/bold] wrote: The two bits of graffiti were totally unacceptable and, instead of trying to explain them away, GreenBrown et al should be condemning them, as any reasonable person would (imho). You certainly don't even have to be "PC" (to use your word), to do that. Condenm the graffiti and move on.......[/p][/quote]Tony, If you take the time to read revious comments properly you would see i did comment on the Grafitti being wrong but like i also said in previous comments this type on thing happens on street furniture, garages, playparks all the time so why is this made news? The comment was not against a persons colour of religion so why? So not sure where your response is coming from? any ideaa? EwellMan

2:24pm Tue 10 Dec 13

EwellMan says...

Best_Name_Ever wrote:
EwellMan wrote:
Best_Name_Ever wrote:
GreenBrown wrote:
ResidentTony wrote: GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......
Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election.
Look at all the abnormal people downvoting your old fashioned, boring, predictable comments GreenBrown and EwellMan! Better get your work collegues on here GreenBrown pronto, or you might start looking silly...oh wait.
Yawwwwnnnnn.....hear d it all before. Got anything new? How can you look silly saying that potlitical correctness has made this country the mess it is and that people throwing insults and accusing racism and being a biggot is acceptable when they dont know the people they are throwing them at? Isnt that what forum trolls do?
You need to take your own advice! Have you got anything new? You accuse others of throwing insults, yet you are calling people you dont know the 'namby pamby squad'. Might want to step down from that moral high ground.

I understand that not everyone can accept the fact that Britian is changing. If you can’t get along with it, then you and your antiquated views are just going to get left behind.

And if it makes you feel better calling people with opinions who differs from your own forum trolls, then go for it.
See now you start on a completely different topic, are you sure you are on the right feed?

Namby pamby is hardly on the same level as calling someone a bigot or racist? as not directed at an individual or calling someone abnormal like you did? So i have a disbility, should you be insulting me because of that?

This country is changing, but not for the better and that well never change with the 3 main incopetant parties in charge just lining their own pockets and that of their friends. Just look around you, less police, closing hospitals, worse roads and pavements, more out of work all why the population grows and they receive more money than ever in taxes.
[quote][p][bold]Best_Name_Ever[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EwellMan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Best_Name_Ever[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GreenBrown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ResidentTony[/bold] wrote: GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......[/p][/quote]Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election.[/p][/quote]Look at all the abnormal people downvoting your old fashioned, boring, predictable comments GreenBrown and EwellMan! Better get your work collegues on here GreenBrown pronto, or you might start looking silly...oh wait.[/p][/quote]Yawwwwnnnnn.....hear d it all before. Got anything new? How can you look silly saying that potlitical correctness has made this country the mess it is and that people throwing insults and accusing racism and being a biggot is acceptable when they dont know the people they are throwing them at? Isnt that what forum trolls do?[/p][/quote]You need to take your own advice! Have you got anything new? You accuse others of throwing insults, yet you are calling people you dont know the 'namby pamby squad'. Might want to step down from that moral high ground. I understand that not everyone can accept the fact that Britian is changing. If you can’t get along with it, then you and your antiquated views are just going to get left behind. And if it makes you feel better calling people with opinions who differs from your own forum trolls, then go for it.[/p][/quote]See now you start on a completely different topic, are you sure you are on the right feed? Namby pamby is hardly on the same level as calling someone a bigot or racist? as not directed at an individual or calling someone abnormal like you did? So i have a disbility, should you be insulting me because of that? This country is changing, but not for the better and that well never change with the 3 main incopetant parties in charge just lining their own pockets and that of their friends. Just look around you, less police, closing hospitals, worse roads and pavements, more out of work all why the population grows and they receive more money than ever in taxes. EwellMan

3:37pm Tue 10 Dec 13

Best_Name_Ever says...

EwellMan wrote:
Best_Name_Ever wrote:
EwellMan wrote:
Best_Name_Ever wrote:
GreenBrown wrote:
ResidentTony wrote: GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......
Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election.
Look at all the abnormal people downvoting your old fashioned, boring, predictable comments GreenBrown and EwellMan! Better get your work collegues on here GreenBrown pronto, or you might start looking silly...oh wait.
Yawwwwnnnnn.....hear d it all before. Got anything new? How can you look silly saying that potlitical correctness has made this country the mess it is and that people throwing insults and accusing racism and being a biggot is acceptable when they dont know the people they are throwing them at? Isnt that what forum trolls do?
You need to take your own advice! Have you got anything new? You accuse others of throwing insults, yet you are calling people you dont know the 'namby pamby squad'. Might want to step down from that moral high ground. I understand that not everyone can accept the fact that Britian is changing. If you can’t get along with it, then you and your antiquated views are just going to get left behind. And if it makes you feel better calling people with opinions who differs from your own forum trolls, then go for it.
See now you start on a completely different topic, are you sure you are on the right feed? Namby pamby is hardly on the same level as calling someone a bigot or racist? as not directed at an individual or calling someone abnormal like you did? So i have a disbility, should you be insulting me because of that? This country is changing, but not for the better and that well never change with the 3 main incopetant parties in charge just lining their own pockets and that of their friends. Just look around you, less police, closing hospitals, worse roads and pavements, more out of work all why the population grows and they receive more money than ever in taxes.
I have started on a different topic? Are you sure you are keeping up with this thread properly?
Your original post suggests that this story is only newsworthy because offensive words have been graphitised on a mosque. Had they been written on any other street furniture, this would not be news. Even though it is your opinion that this might not be newsworthy, it may be to others. Maybe you would have been more interest if some had written F*** off C***" on a Church of England, as this is far more comparable than a Virgin Broadband Cabinet.
Your second post, a response to Resident Tony and I quote ‘Every now and then people use the word Bigot to identify an individual when all they have done is express their view of a particular project. This county used to herald freedom of speech but slowly we are being muted by the namby pamby sqad in case we updet anyone. Quite a sad world really’.
By this post, are you really excusing whoever sprayed the offensive graffiti on the mosque by suggesting that they are only ‘expressing their views’ and a ‘freedom of speech’? By that logic it is perfectly acceptable for a person of a different or no faith to graffiti ‘"F*** off C***" on a Church of England. Somehow I don’t think you will agree with this point.
I did not realise that there was a tolerance level on what words are insults. Maybe to some, namby pamby is the same level of calling someone a bigot or racist (where did racist come from? Who mentioned that first – Oh. You).
You also accuse me of starting on a completely different topic, when all I have done is respond to the contents of your posts. I responded to your post in which you allege that ‘potlitical correctness has made this country the mess it is’. My response was that Britain is changing. Maybe I should have expanded on this for clarity sake. We are a far more multicultural society than we ever have been and in embracing this diversity, we have to be accepting of what can cause offense to others. You may see this as political correctness gone mad and a challenge to British tradition, but there are other who see this acceptance as adaptation. Again, if people can’t get along with that, then they are just going to get left behind.
If you read GreenBrowns post properly, he/she is calling people who have the same opinion as him/her as 'normal' (i.e ‘those people that haven't been completely brainwashed’ - GreenBrowns words). By that logic, that makes those who disagree with him/her as abnormal. This was the point of my sarcastic reference. I am not going to be drawn into allegation where you have somehow twisted this into something to do with a disability.
And finally, are you sure it is me going off topic? We were discussing political correctness and you have turned this into a rant on public services.
[quote][p][bold]EwellMan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Best_Name_Ever[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EwellMan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Best_Name_Ever[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GreenBrown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ResidentTony[/bold] wrote: GreenBrown rides to the rescue of EwellMan......[/p][/quote]Always happy to help people who show signs of being normal! You may not see them being asked their opinion on the news and in the papers, but normal people, you know, people that haven't been completely brainwashed over the last 20 odd years, people that don't think what this country has become is normal or desirable, those people do exist and I would say by the amount of people I meet through my work, those people are in the majority. Lets hope, at last, they all go out and vote for a different party at the next election.[/p][/quote]Look at all the abnormal people downvoting your old fashioned, boring, predictable comments GreenBrown and EwellMan! Better get your work collegues on here GreenBrown pronto, or you might start looking silly...oh wait.[/p][/quote]Yawwwwnnnnn.....hear d it all before. Got anything new? How can you look silly saying that potlitical correctness has made this country the mess it is and that people throwing insults and accusing racism and being a biggot is acceptable when they dont know the people they are throwing them at? Isnt that what forum trolls do?[/p][/quote]You need to take your own advice! Have you got anything new? You accuse others of throwing insults, yet you are calling people you dont know the 'namby pamby squad'. Might want to step down from that moral high ground. I understand that not everyone can accept the fact that Britian is changing. If you can’t get along with it, then you and your antiquated views are just going to get left behind. And if it makes you feel better calling people with opinions who differs from your own forum trolls, then go for it.[/p][/quote]See now you start on a completely different topic, are you sure you are on the right feed? Namby pamby is hardly on the same level as calling someone a bigot or racist? as not directed at an individual or calling someone abnormal like you did? So i have a disbility, should you be insulting me because of that? This country is changing, but not for the better and that well never change with the 3 main incopetant parties in charge just lining their own pockets and that of their friends. Just look around you, less police, closing hospitals, worse roads and pavements, more out of work all why the population grows and they receive more money than ever in taxes.[/p][/quote]I have started on a different topic? Are you sure you are keeping up with this thread properly? Your original post suggests that this story is only newsworthy because offensive words have been graphitised on a mosque. Had they been written on any other street furniture, this would not be news. Even though it is your opinion that this might not be newsworthy, it may be to others. Maybe you would have been more interest if some had written F*** off C***" on a Church of England, as this is far more comparable than a Virgin Broadband Cabinet. Your second post, a response to Resident Tony and I quote ‘Every now and then people use the word Bigot to identify an individual when all they have done is express their view of a particular project. This county used to herald freedom of speech but slowly we are being muted by the namby pamby sqad in case we updet anyone. Quite a sad world really’. By this post, are you really excusing whoever sprayed the offensive graffiti on the mosque by suggesting that they are only ‘expressing their views’ and a ‘freedom of speech’? By that logic it is perfectly acceptable for a person of a different or no faith to graffiti ‘"F*** off C***" on a Church of England. Somehow I don’t think you will agree with this point. I did not realise that there was a tolerance level on what words are insults. Maybe to some, namby pamby is the same level of calling someone a bigot or racist (where did racist come from? Who mentioned that first – Oh. You). You also accuse me of starting on a completely different topic, when all I have done is respond to the contents of your posts. I responded to your post in which you allege that ‘potlitical correctness has made this country the mess it is’. My response was that Britain is changing. Maybe I should have expanded on this for clarity sake. We are a far more multicultural society than we ever have been and in embracing this diversity, we have to be accepting of what can cause offense to others. You may see this as political correctness gone mad and a challenge to British tradition, but there are other who see this acceptance as adaptation. Again, if people can’t get along with that, then they are just going to get left behind. If you read GreenBrowns post properly, he/she is calling people who have the same opinion as him/her as 'normal' (i.e ‘those people that haven't been completely brainwashed’ - GreenBrowns words). By that logic, that makes those who disagree with him/her as abnormal. This was the point of my sarcastic reference. I am not going to be drawn into allegation where you have somehow twisted this into something to do with a disability. And finally, are you sure it is me going off topic? We were discussing political correctness and you have turned this into a rant on public services. Best_Name_Ever

4:48pm Tue 10 Dec 13

SouthLondoner65 says...

Such obscene graffiti on planned mosque is almost certainly racist; nothing PC to point that out. Muslims should be able to have a place of worship, too! LB Sutton hardly overflowing with mosques! Some of the people commenting on here really are shocking bigots. Indeed, some of the comments are reminiscent of some German people's views on anti-Semitism in the early 1930's...truly disturbing bigotry. If you were not bigots (spelt with one 't', EwellMan), you'd acknowledge the fact that this graffiti is disgraceful, whether you agree with the mosque opening or not. Instead, you turn this into a left bashing, multiculturalism hating speech.
I'm a secondary school student but, despite my adolescence, I seem to be a much better person morally speaking than most of you silly sixty something bigots!
Such obscene graffiti on planned mosque is almost certainly racist; nothing PC to point that out. Muslims should be able to have a place of worship, too! LB Sutton hardly overflowing with mosques! Some of the people commenting on here really are shocking bigots. Indeed, some of the comments are reminiscent of some German people's views on anti-Semitism in the early 1930's...truly disturbing bigotry. If you were not bigots (spelt with one 't', EwellMan), you'd acknowledge the fact that this graffiti is disgraceful, whether you agree with the mosque opening or not. Instead, you turn this into a left bashing, multiculturalism hating speech. I'm a secondary school student but, despite my adolescence, I seem to be a much better person morally speaking than most of you silly sixty something bigots! SouthLondoner65

4:52pm Tue 10 Dec 13

SouthLondoner65 says...

I meant to say 'bigot is spelt with one 'g', EwellMan.'
It's clear that the bigots here are a bunch of uneducated morons, considering EwellMan's grammar and spelling is generally primary school level. But, this is hardly surprising. Indeed, one would HAVE to be an uneducated, deluded scumbag of a human to hold such pathetic, bigoted views! :)
I meant to say 'bigot is spelt with one 'g', EwellMan.' It's clear that the bigots here are a bunch of uneducated morons, considering EwellMan's grammar and spelling is generally primary school level. But, this is hardly surprising. Indeed, one would HAVE to be an uneducated, deluded scumbag of a human to hold such pathetic, bigoted views! :) SouthLondoner65

5:04pm Tue 10 Dec 13

GreenBrown says...

"I understand that not everyone can accept the fact that Britian is changing. If you can’t get along with it, then you and your antiquated views are just going to get left behind."

I won't waste too much time on this because the trouble you have when dealing with people who have been brainwashed is that they don't realise it. You are correct, Britain is changing, but the changes taking place are so fundamental and quick that it is to the detriment of this country. Never in the known history of the world has this sort of change taken place in a country like ours. The only examples anyone might give are examples from when a country has been at war and occupied or has been colonised like America or Australia. I personally don't give a **** what anyone thinks of me, but shame on all your kind who try to belittle and shout down people just because they don't see the world the way you do. Bigot, racist, they're just cheap shots and a way of avoiding the argument. You don't care that whole towns and areas of this country are now majority immigrant and unwelcoming to English people, you don't care that we now have an army of people just waiting for their chance to set off bombs and blow up innocent people, fine, but that is just some of the price we pay for this brave new world your so supportive of. Lastly, if you really think we live in a multicultural society then you really are clueless. We live in a country that has lots of ghettos all over it. There is some mixing, but not much. People like to congregate with their own kind. That is normal and that is what has happened. Even the morons in charge (Cameron/Merkel) say that multiculturalism has failed. Maybe you need to read a bit more and look around.
"I understand that not everyone can accept the fact that Britian is changing. If you can’t get along with it, then you and your antiquated views are just going to get left behind." I won't waste too much time on this because the trouble you have when dealing with people who have been brainwashed is that they don't realise it. You are correct, Britain is changing, but the changes taking place are so fundamental and quick that it is to the detriment of this country. Never in the known history of the world has this sort of change taken place in a country like ours. The only examples anyone might give are examples from when a country has been at war and occupied or has been colonised like America or Australia. I personally don't give a **** what anyone thinks of me, but shame on all your kind who try to belittle and shout down people just because they don't see the world the way you do. Bigot, racist, they're just cheap shots and a way of avoiding the argument. You don't care that whole towns and areas of this country are now majority immigrant and unwelcoming to English people, you don't care that we now have an army of people just waiting for their chance to set off bombs and blow up innocent people, fine, but that is just some of the price we pay for this brave new world your so supportive of. Lastly, if you really think we live in a multicultural society then you really are clueless. We live in a country that has lots of ghettos all over it. There is some mixing, but not much. People like to congregate with their own kind. That is normal and that is what has happened. Even the morons in charge (Cameron/Merkel) say that multiculturalism has failed. Maybe you need to read a bit more and look around. GreenBrown

5:12pm Tue 10 Dec 13

EwellMan says...

SouthLondoner65 wrote:
Such obscene graffiti on planned mosque is almost certainly racist; nothing PC to point that out. Muslims should be able to have a place of worship, too! LB Sutton hardly overflowing with mosques! Some of the people commenting on here really are shocking bigots. Indeed, some of the comments are reminiscent of some German people's views on anti-Semitism in the early 1930's...truly disturbing bigotry. If you were not bigots (spelt with one 't', EwellMan), you'd acknowledge the fact that this graffiti is disgraceful, whether you agree with the mosque opening or not. Instead, you turn this into a left bashing, multiculturalism hating speech.
I'm a secondary school student but, despite my adolescence, I seem to be a much better person morally speaking than most of you silly sixty something bigots!
OMG.....now someone on here saying its like Germany in the 1930's, where you living there?......are you serious?

There was nothing racist about the Grafitti on the door of the building and actually some kids in the area (assuming it was kids) would not even know the building was a proposed mosque. This is just an act of vandalism like spray painting a street cabinet and should of received no airtime whatsoever.

and as for the LB of Sutton not overflowing with mosques, you are correct but i think the neighbouring Morden Mosque which is 5 mins drive away is large enough (10,000 capacity) to not require any mosques in the LB of Sutton. I have the same view on building 2 mega Tesco's in the space of 2 miles. Everything in moderation.

And South Londoner65, i have not mentioned nothing about multiculturism, so get your facts straight before clicking on Post Comment. By the way im 29, not 60.
[quote][p][bold]SouthLondoner65[/bold] wrote: Such obscene graffiti on planned mosque is almost certainly racist; nothing PC to point that out. Muslims should be able to have a place of worship, too! LB Sutton hardly overflowing with mosques! Some of the people commenting on here really are shocking bigots. Indeed, some of the comments are reminiscent of some German people's views on anti-Semitism in the early 1930's...truly disturbing bigotry. If you were not bigots (spelt with one 't', EwellMan), you'd acknowledge the fact that this graffiti is disgraceful, whether you agree with the mosque opening or not. Instead, you turn this into a left bashing, multiculturalism hating speech. I'm a secondary school student but, despite my adolescence, I seem to be a much better person morally speaking than most of you silly sixty something bigots![/p][/quote]OMG.....now someone on here saying its like Germany in the 1930's, where you living there?......are you serious? There was nothing racist about the Grafitti on the door of the building and actually some kids in the area (assuming it was kids) would not even know the building was a proposed mosque. This is just an act of vandalism like spray painting a street cabinet and should of received no airtime whatsoever. and as for the LB of Sutton not overflowing with mosques, you are correct but i think the neighbouring Morden Mosque which is 5 mins drive away is large enough (10,000 capacity) to not require any mosques in the LB of Sutton. I have the same view on building 2 mega Tesco's in the space of 2 miles. Everything in moderation. And South Londoner65, i have not mentioned nothing about multiculturism, so get your facts straight before clicking on Post Comment. By the way im 29, not 60. EwellMan

5:14pm Tue 10 Dec 13

GreenBrown says...

SouthLondoner65

Anyone who has gone through our education system since the mid 90s has been brainwashed beyond help and you are a prime example. Lefty, liberal with a hint of hate. You have nothing useful to say because you have no knowledge of this country before it went wrong.

I react to my surroundings and life and you react to my reaction to it.

You pull someone up for their grammar and then get it wrong yourself! Smart.
SouthLondoner65 Anyone who has gone through our education system since the mid 90s has been brainwashed beyond help and you are a prime example. Lefty, liberal with a hint of hate. You have nothing useful to say because you have no knowledge of this country before it went wrong. I react to my surroundings and life and you react to my reaction to it. You pull someone up for their grammar and then get it wrong yourself! Smart. GreenBrown

5:16pm Tue 10 Dec 13

EwellMan says...

SouthLondoner65 wrote:
I meant to say 'bigot is spelt with one 'g', EwellMan.'
It's clear that the bigots here are a bunch of uneducated morons, considering EwellMan's grammar and spelling is generally primary school level. But, this is hardly surprising. Indeed, one would HAVE to be an uneducated, deluded scumbag of a human to hold such pathetic, bigoted views! :)
I bet your parents are really proud of that education and the respect you have for others.

As for my spelling, im sorry i am using a spare laptop that i'm not used to and exceed 90 words a minute so a few spelling mistakes are unfortunately expected.
[quote][p][bold]SouthLondoner65[/bold] wrote: I meant to say 'bigot is spelt with one 'g', EwellMan.' It's clear that the bigots here are a bunch of uneducated morons, considering EwellMan's grammar and spelling is generally primary school level. But, this is hardly surprising. Indeed, one would HAVE to be an uneducated, deluded scumbag of a human to hold such pathetic, bigoted views! :)[/p][/quote]I bet your parents are really proud of that education and the respect you have for others. As for my spelling, im sorry i am using a spare laptop that i'm not used to and exceed 90 words a minute so a few spelling mistakes are unfortunately expected. EwellMan

5:23pm Tue 10 Dec 13

edstar says...

EwellMan wrote:
SouthLondoner65 wrote:
Such obscene graffiti on planned mosque is almost certainly racist; nothing PC to point that out. Muslims should be able to have a place of worship, too! LB Sutton hardly overflowing with mosques! Some of the people commenting on here really are shocking bigots. Indeed, some of the comments are reminiscent of some German people's views on anti-Semitism in the early 1930's...truly disturbing bigotry. If you were not bigots (spelt with one 't', EwellMan), you'd acknowledge the fact that this graffiti is disgraceful, whether you agree with the mosque opening or not. Instead, you turn this into a left bashing, multiculturalism hating speech.
I'm a secondary school student but, despite my adolescence, I seem to be a much better person morally speaking than most of you silly sixty something bigots!
OMG.....now someone on here saying its like Germany in the 1930's, where you living there?......are you serious?

There was nothing racist about the Grafitti on the door of the building and actually some kids in the area (assuming it was kids) would not even know the building was a proposed mosque. This is just an act of vandalism like spray painting a street cabinet and should of received no airtime whatsoever.

and as for the LB of Sutton not overflowing with mosques, you are correct but i think the neighbouring Morden Mosque which is 5 mins drive away is large enough (10,000 capacity) to not require any mosques in the LB of Sutton. I have the same view on building 2 mega Tesco's in the space of 2 miles. Everything in moderation.

And South Londoner65, i have not mentioned nothing about multiculturism, so get your facts straight before clicking on Post Comment. By the way im 29, not 60.
You do know that there is more then one denomination of Islam?

And would you say the same if someone had written this on a church? some how, I doubt it.
[quote][p][bold]EwellMan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SouthLondoner65[/bold] wrote: Such obscene graffiti on planned mosque is almost certainly racist; nothing PC to point that out. Muslims should be able to have a place of worship, too! LB Sutton hardly overflowing with mosques! Some of the people commenting on here really are shocking bigots. Indeed, some of the comments are reminiscent of some German people's views on anti-Semitism in the early 1930's...truly disturbing bigotry. If you were not bigots (spelt with one 't', EwellMan), you'd acknowledge the fact that this graffiti is disgraceful, whether you agree with the mosque opening or not. Instead, you turn this into a left bashing, multiculturalism hating speech. I'm a secondary school student but, despite my adolescence, I seem to be a much better person morally speaking than most of you silly sixty something bigots![/p][/quote]OMG.....now someone on here saying its like Germany in the 1930's, where you living there?......are you serious? There was nothing racist about the Grafitti on the door of the building and actually some kids in the area (assuming it was kids) would not even know the building was a proposed mosque. This is just an act of vandalism like spray painting a street cabinet and should of received no airtime whatsoever. and as for the LB of Sutton not overflowing with mosques, you are correct but i think the neighbouring Morden Mosque which is 5 mins drive away is large enough (10,000 capacity) to not require any mosques in the LB of Sutton. I have the same view on building 2 mega Tesco's in the space of 2 miles. Everything in moderation. And South Londoner65, i have not mentioned nothing about multiculturism, so get your facts straight before clicking on Post Comment. By the way im 29, not 60.[/p][/quote]You do know that there is more then one denomination of Islam? And would you say the same if someone had written this on a church? some how, I doubt it. edstar

5:37pm Tue 10 Dec 13

ResidentTony says...

Let's not forget the previous bit of grafitti referred to in the article. Millions of our soldiers gave or life limb combatting the idiology reprented by that symbol. No-one is seriously suggesting Britain is anything remotely like that regime.
But the individaul scrawlers do need to be roundly condemned with no ifs or buts. Once everyone has done that a separate debate on Britain today can take place. But probably on another comment board about that specifically.
Let's not forget the previous bit of grafitti referred to in the article. Millions of our soldiers gave or life limb combatting the idiology reprented by that symbol. No-one is seriously suggesting Britain is anything remotely like that regime. But the individaul scrawlers do need to be roundly condemned with no ifs or buts. Once everyone has done that a separate debate on Britain today can take place. But probably on another comment board about that specifically. ResidentTony

5:40pm Tue 10 Dec 13

EwellMan says...

edstar wrote:
EwellMan wrote:
SouthLondoner65 wrote:
Such obscene graffiti on planned mosque is almost certainly racist; nothing PC to point that out. Muslims should be able to have a place of worship, too! LB Sutton hardly overflowing with mosques! Some of the people commenting on here really are shocking bigots. Indeed, some of the comments are reminiscent of some German people's views on anti-Semitism in the early 1930's...truly disturbing bigotry. If you were not bigots (spelt with one 't', EwellMan), you'd acknowledge the fact that this graffiti is disgraceful, whether you agree with the mosque opening or not. Instead, you turn this into a left bashing, multiculturalism hating speech.
I'm a secondary school student but, despite my adolescence, I seem to be a much better person morally speaking than most of you silly sixty something bigots!
OMG.....now someone on here saying its like Germany in the 1930's, where you living there?......are you serious?

There was nothing racist about the Grafitti on the door of the building and actually some kids in the area (assuming it was kids) would not even know the building was a proposed mosque. This is just an act of vandalism like spray painting a street cabinet and should of received no airtime whatsoever.

and as for the LB of Sutton not overflowing with mosques, you are correct but i think the neighbouring Morden Mosque which is 5 mins drive away is large enough (10,000 capacity) to not require any mosques in the LB of Sutton. I have the same view on building 2 mega Tesco's in the space of 2 miles. Everything in moderation.

And South Londoner65, i have not mentioned nothing about multiculturism, so get your facts straight before clicking on Post Comment. By the way im 29, not 60.
You do know that there is more then one denomination of Islam?

And would you say the same if someone had written this on a church? some how, I doubt it.
Yep i know that.

Graffitti is vandalism wherever it crops up and thats all this is. Lets get the facts straight here, the building is not a mosque, its just the old post office at the moment so again why has this any airtime?

Back to my original point, why is this news? Words that are not racist on a building that is just that any empty building?

and thinkgs like this happen on churchs, houses, walls, street furniture everyday but i dont see that making headlines? So why this?
[quote][p][bold]edstar[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EwellMan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SouthLondoner65[/bold] wrote: Such obscene graffiti on planned mosque is almost certainly racist; nothing PC to point that out. Muslims should be able to have a place of worship, too! LB Sutton hardly overflowing with mosques! Some of the people commenting on here really are shocking bigots. Indeed, some of the comments are reminiscent of some German people's views on anti-Semitism in the early 1930's...truly disturbing bigotry. If you were not bigots (spelt with one 't', EwellMan), you'd acknowledge the fact that this graffiti is disgraceful, whether you agree with the mosque opening or not. Instead, you turn this into a left bashing, multiculturalism hating speech. I'm a secondary school student but, despite my adolescence, I seem to be a much better person morally speaking than most of you silly sixty something bigots![/p][/quote]OMG.....now someone on here saying its like Germany in the 1930's, where you living there?......are you serious? There was nothing racist about the Grafitti on the door of the building and actually some kids in the area (assuming it was kids) would not even know the building was a proposed mosque. This is just an act of vandalism like spray painting a street cabinet and should of received no airtime whatsoever. and as for the LB of Sutton not overflowing with mosques, you are correct but i think the neighbouring Morden Mosque which is 5 mins drive away is large enough (10,000 capacity) to not require any mosques in the LB of Sutton. I have the same view on building 2 mega Tesco's in the space of 2 miles. Everything in moderation. And South Londoner65, i have not mentioned nothing about multiculturism, so get your facts straight before clicking on Post Comment. By the way im 29, not 60.[/p][/quote]You do know that there is more then one denomination of Islam? And would you say the same if someone had written this on a church? some how, I doubt it.[/p][/quote]Yep i know that. Graffitti is vandalism wherever it crops up and thats all this is. Lets get the facts straight here, the building is not a mosque, its just the old post office at the moment so again why has this any airtime? Back to my original point, why is this news? Words that are not racist on a building that is just that any empty building? and thinkgs like this happen on churchs, houses, walls, street furniture everyday but i dont see that making headlines? So why this? EwellMan

6:06pm Tue 10 Dec 13

ResidentTony says...

EwellMan - our posts crossed in the ether. This building is known as being a proposed mosque - it's been reported locally on this website. Scrawling a nazi symbol on a proposed mosque is NOT just some random coincidental bit of vandalism like numerous others. You and some of the others are either not seeing this story clearly for what it is or are purposely trying to muddy the water and /or bringing in conspiracy theory arguments. Sometimes when you see a vulture in the sky it actually IS a vulture in the sky and not just a bit of dirt on your spectacles.

Having said that, there is debate to be had about the direction of Brtain today, and all parties from left to right are starting to recognise that.
EwellMan - our posts crossed in the ether. This building is known as being a proposed mosque - it's been reported locally on this website. Scrawling a nazi symbol on a proposed mosque is NOT just some random coincidental bit of vandalism like numerous others. You and some of the others are either not seeing this story clearly for what it is or are purposely trying to muddy the water and /or bringing in conspiracy theory arguments. Sometimes when you see a vulture in the sky it actually IS a vulture in the sky and not just a bit of dirt on your spectacles. Having said that, there is debate to be had about the direction of Brtain today, and all parties from left to right are starting to recognise that. ResidentTony

6:15pm Tue 10 Dec 13

wallygrumdrops says...

Oh my God the EwellMan is moaning again. I think we should start calling him Victor, because he moans and groans about everything about this County or Country. Maybe he should emigrate!!.
Oh my God the EwellMan is moaning again. I think we should start calling him Victor, because he moans and groans about everything about this County or Country. Maybe he should emigrate!!. wallygrumdrops

6:34pm Tue 10 Dec 13

EwellMan says...

wallygrumdrops wrote:
Oh my God the EwellMan is moaning again. I think we should start calling him Victor, because he moans and groans about everything about this County or Country. Maybe he should emigrate!!.
Moaning again - call me what you want if it feels any better? I have already been called a scumbag on here today because some people fail to be able to have an adult debate? Fancy adding thing useful to the topic that is at the top of the page or just want to character assasinate?

Would love to emigrate, if yo uwant to send me a check for he visa and expenses to do so happy to go.
[quote][p][bold]wallygrumdrops[/bold] wrote: Oh my God the EwellMan is moaning again. I think we should start calling him Victor, because he moans and groans about everything about this County or Country. Maybe he should emigrate!!.[/p][/quote]Moaning again - call me what you want if it feels any better? I have already been called a scumbag on here today because some people fail to be able to have an adult debate? Fancy adding thing useful to the topic that is at the top of the page or just want to character assasinate? Would love to emigrate, if yo uwant to send me a check for he visa and expenses to do so happy to go. EwellMan

6:40pm Tue 10 Dec 13

EwellMan says...

ResidentTony wrote:
EwellMan - our posts crossed in the ether. This building is known as being a proposed mosque - it's been reported locally on this website. Scrawling a nazi symbol on a proposed mosque is NOT just some random coincidental bit of vandalism like numerous others. You and some of the others are either not seeing this story clearly for what it is or are purposely trying to muddy the water and /or bringing in conspiracy theory arguments. Sometimes when you see a vulture in the sky it actually IS a vulture in the sky and not just a bit of dirt on your spectacles.

Having said that, there is debate to be had about the direction of Brtain today, and all parties from left to right are starting to recognise that.
What i'm saying is some kids would not know that building was a proposed mosque, that would mean taking an intereste in the local community.

Now the Nazi symbol is a different kettle of fish, but thats not what was written this time round, that symbole would be classed as racist but unless someone can match up this incident with that then to me they are sperate incidents.

Sometimes a vulture in the sky is a vulture, but you dont know that till you get credible evidence.

My past comment on the state of Britain has nothing to do with Multiculturism or emigration or religion, it was purely based on the mess of the country from Government to local council with nothing improving from one party to another.
[quote][p][bold]ResidentTony[/bold] wrote: EwellMan - our posts crossed in the ether. This building is known as being a proposed mosque - it's been reported locally on this website. Scrawling a nazi symbol on a proposed mosque is NOT just some random coincidental bit of vandalism like numerous others. You and some of the others are either not seeing this story clearly for what it is or are purposely trying to muddy the water and /or bringing in conspiracy theory arguments. Sometimes when you see a vulture in the sky it actually IS a vulture in the sky and not just a bit of dirt on your spectacles. Having said that, there is debate to be had about the direction of Brtain today, and all parties from left to right are starting to recognise that.[/p][/quote]What i'm saying is some kids would not know that building was a proposed mosque, that would mean taking an intereste in the local community. Now the Nazi symbol is a different kettle of fish, but thats not what was written this time round, that symbole would be classed as racist but unless someone can match up this incident with that then to me they are sperate incidents. Sometimes a vulture in the sky is a vulture, but you dont know that till you get credible evidence. My past comment on the state of Britain has nothing to do with Multiculturism or emigration or religion, it was purely based on the mess of the country from Government to local council with nothing improving from one party to another. EwellMan

6:56pm Tue 10 Dec 13

ResidentTony says...

My point is that the earlier attack with the symbol WAS also mentioned in the article. I am glad Ewellman does not doubt the intent of that
My point is that the earlier attack with the symbol WAS also mentioned in the article. I am glad Ewellman does not doubt the intent of that ResidentTony

7:03pm Tue 10 Dec 13

wallygrumdrops says...

I don't like to see offensive graffiti anywhere. But unfortunately these could be the makings of teenage mindless youths or someone who has a brain the size of a baked bean. Unfortunately we live in a age where mindless morons like to leave offensive tags all around the World. I just can't believe how much the Public have been swallowed into this mindless behavior!!
I don't like to see offensive graffiti anywhere. But unfortunately these could be the makings of teenage mindless youths or someone who has a brain the size of a baked bean. Unfortunately we live in a age where mindless morons like to leave offensive tags all around the World. I just can't believe how much the Public have been swallowed into this mindless behavior!! wallygrumdrops

8:30pm Tue 10 Dec 13

Liberals are deluded says...

Resist.

Resist Marxism.

Resist globalism.

Resist multiculturalism.

For Greece,for Italy,for England,for America. For the cross,for 2000 years of civilization,for our ancestors and for our legacy in the future.

Resist “diversity”,resi
st “progress”,resis
t political correctness. Resist the zionist agenda, and smash the international oligarchy of pedophiles,perverts, and thieves.
Resist. Resist Marxism. Resist globalism. Resist multiculturalism. For Greece,for Italy,for England,for America. For the cross,for 2000 years of civilization,for our ancestors and for our legacy in the future. Resist “diversity”,resi st “progress”,resis t political correctness. Resist the zionist agenda, and smash the international oligarchy of pedophiles,perverts, and thieves. Liberals are deluded

9:34pm Tue 10 Dec 13

GreenBrown says...

Right on brother! It's amazing isn't it. The architects of all this found a way to make the citizens of this country turn their backs on hundreds of years of tradition, culture and values all within the space of about 40 - 50 years. I watch these young people on the Television, on these political programs, they have such hate towards their own people, who just want to continue with life in this country the way its alway been and should be. It is truly shocking. They don't realise that they've been duped by the government and big business. All these open borders and the mass immigration that has followed. It isn't about multiculturalism, it's about a fluid, flexible workforce and by extension, money. The people running the world aren't interested in borders, culture or the people. All they are interested in is money and power. Just because these megalomaniacs don't believe in nations doesn't mean that they don't matter. We should celebrate our differences, not have them eroded away in an attempt to make everyone the same. This drive for globalisation isn't some utopian ideology for the betterment of mankind, it is truly evil and must be fought at every turn. I must say, i'm ashamed when I drive through certain areas in this country. I think to myself, did my two grandads and their brothers fight in two word wars for this. Were all those struggles through history, the Magna carter, the abolition of serfdom, the reformation, fighting off the spanish armada, executing our king, the creation of a parliamentary democracy, the right for the common man to vote, the right for women to vote, education for all children, leading the world in so many fields, the welfare state, fighting two world wars to stop fascism taking over Europe, the creation of the NHS, did this country go through all that and more to get to this. Shame on our leaders who have denigrated this country and what it stood for and shame on all the collaborators who have facilitated its demise.
Right on brother! It's amazing isn't it. The architects of all this found a way to make the citizens of this country turn their backs on hundreds of years of tradition, culture and values all within the space of about 40 - 50 years. I watch these young people on the Television, on these political programs, they have such hate towards their own people, who just want to continue with life in this country the way its alway been and should be. It is truly shocking. They don't realise that they've been duped by the government and big business. All these open borders and the mass immigration that has followed. It isn't about multiculturalism, it's about a fluid, flexible workforce and by extension, money. The people running the world aren't interested in borders, culture or the people. All they are interested in is money and power. Just because these megalomaniacs don't believe in nations doesn't mean that they don't matter. We should celebrate our differences, not have them eroded away in an attempt to make everyone the same. This drive for globalisation isn't some utopian ideology for the betterment of mankind, it is truly evil and must be fought at every turn. I must say, i'm ashamed when I drive through certain areas in this country. I think to myself, did my two grandads and their brothers fight in two word wars for this. Were all those struggles through history, the Magna carter, the abolition of serfdom, the reformation, fighting off the spanish armada, executing our king, the creation of a parliamentary democracy, the right for the common man to vote, the right for women to vote, education for all children, leading the world in so many fields, the welfare state, fighting two world wars to stop fascism taking over Europe, the creation of the NHS, did this country go through all that and more to get to this. Shame on our leaders who have denigrated this country and what it stood for and shame on all the collaborators who have facilitated its demise. GreenBrown

10:06pm Tue 10 Dec 13

ResidentTony says...

GreenBrown - I'm relieved you think positively about "fighting ......to stop fascism taking over Europe". Given this, why are so you apparently reluctant to condemn the swastika daubed on the building. If you do that, then the rest of your words might carry more weight .
GreenBrown - I'm relieved you think positively about "fighting ......to stop fascism taking over Europe". Given this, why are so you apparently reluctant to condemn the swastika daubed on the building. If you do that, then the rest of your words might carry more weight . ResidentTony

10:07pm Tue 10 Dec 13

SouthLondoner65 says...

I apologise to EwellMan. I don't really agree that the graffiti is irrelevant to the mosque proposal but I do understand where you are coming from. I was being unpleasant to you for no valid reason by mocking your spelling and your view in how the graffit got there. Sorry. The reason I called you a bigot was because I've read so many bigoted comments on here and on other websites that the racial slurs I see on here I automatically assossciated with you (as well as the others) due to our disagreement on this topic and your username being stamped into my head. There are some actual bigots on this post, some awful people who I pity. 'Liberals are deluded' is the best example. His or her latest comment is disgusting and not even worthy of arguing with. Although not as offensive, GreenBrown's view that, through modernisation, Britain has changing for the worst in the last 50 years are the precise reasons I think we have changed for the better. It is obvious to me that the likes of GreenBrown don't think laws to progress women's rights and gay's rights are a good thing for society. It is also clear that people like GreenBrown view immigration (much of which occurred from the 50's onwards) as a terrible change for our society, despite the fact Britain was a colonial superpower who imposed itself upon much of the world - and the simple fact that immigration has improved our country in so many ways (although, I admit, of late the numbers have got out of control). I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion (and thank God we can voice these opinions) but I do think it is sad that some people's views are so nasty, so unpleasant, so selfish and uninterested in other people's rights and freedoms (of which having a place of prayer is one). Thank you
I apologise to EwellMan. I don't really agree that the graffiti is irrelevant to the mosque proposal but I do understand where you are coming from. I was being unpleasant to you for no valid reason by mocking your spelling and your view in how the graffit got there. Sorry. The reason I called you a bigot was because I've read so many bigoted comments on here and on other websites that the racial slurs I see on here I automatically assossciated with you (as well as the others) due to our disagreement on this topic and your username being stamped into my head. There are some actual bigots on this post, some awful people who I pity. 'Liberals are deluded' is the best example. His or her latest comment is disgusting and not even worthy of arguing with. Although not as offensive, GreenBrown's view that, through modernisation, Britain has changing for the worst in the last 50 years are the precise reasons I think we have changed for the better. It is obvious to me that the likes of GreenBrown don't think laws to progress women's rights and gay's rights are a good thing for society. It is also clear that people like GreenBrown view immigration (much of which occurred from the 50's onwards) as a terrible change for our society, despite the fact Britain was a colonial superpower who imposed itself upon much of the world - and the simple fact that immigration has improved our country in so many ways (although, I admit, of late the numbers have got out of control). I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion (and thank God we can voice these opinions) but I do think it is sad that some people's views are so nasty, so unpleasant, so selfish and uninterested in other people's rights and freedoms (of which having a place of prayer is one). Thank you SouthLondoner65

11:07pm Tue 10 Dec 13

Liberals are deluded says...

Disgusting? Nasty ? Dear me please explain further, I guess you're just another open borders , self pitying nut job?
Disgusting? Nasty ? Dear me please explain further, I guess you're just another open borders , self pitying nut job? Liberals are deluded

11:17pm Tue 10 Dec 13

GreenBrown says...

"It is obvious to me that the likes of GreenBrown don't think laws to progress women's rights and gay's rights are a good thing for society."

Firstly, I didn't say anything about women's rights apart from listing votes for women as an achievement in this country. Secondly, when it comes to gay people, i'm fairly indifferent. As for their new rights being good for this country, well, they're good for the gay community and that's about it. It doesn't do much for anyone else. I don't think gay marriage is a good thing because it is a nonsense anyway and it just chips away at our traditions, but I guess you being young and brainwashed, your not to interested in our traditions.

"despite the fact Britain was a colonial superpower who imposed itself upon much of the world"

And what? Perhaps more importantly, so what. It is a futile game to start moralizing on the past. Holding to account the actions of people who lived in a different time, with different view points and knowledge is an exercise in irrelevances. The British Empire and its supposed awfulness pales in comparison to the exploits of the Portuguese and Spanish in South America, but no one bangs on about that. The European powers were empire building and the British Empire was the best of a bad bunch. We could of had a massive German Empire ruling the waves, would you have preferred that? The Herero people of what is now Namibia found out what German colonialism was like and it was not good. The British Empire did a lot of good also, but they don't teach you that at school do they?

" and the simple fact that immigration has improved our country in so many ways (although, I admit, of late the numbers have got out of control)."

Really, please give some examples. That's quite a sweeping statement. I've got plenty to show that it has had quite a negative effect on the country. The very fact that you admit yourself that the numbers have got out of hand must surely, on some level, make you question the wisdom of our leaders. Why do you think the numbers have got out of hand?

"I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion (and thank God we can voice these opinions)"

Really! As of late they've been putting people in prison and fining them for speaking their minds, for just saying words. In this country, now, freedom of speech is fine as long as it's what the PC brigade want you to say. They have actually made laws against people speaking. If you said that to someone years ago they'd not believe you. I guess this erosion of freedom is your idea of progress.
"It is obvious to me that the likes of GreenBrown don't think laws to progress women's rights and gay's rights are a good thing for society." Firstly, I didn't say anything about women's rights apart from listing votes for women as an achievement in this country. Secondly, when it comes to gay people, i'm fairly indifferent. As for their new rights being good for this country, well, they're good for the gay community and that's about it. It doesn't do much for anyone else. I don't think gay marriage is a good thing because it is a nonsense anyway and it just chips away at our traditions, but I guess you being young and brainwashed, your not to interested in our traditions. "despite the fact Britain was a colonial superpower who imposed itself upon much of the world" And what? Perhaps more importantly, so what. It is a futile game to start moralizing on the past. Holding to account the actions of people who lived in a different time, with different view points and knowledge is an exercise in irrelevances. The British Empire and its supposed awfulness pales in comparison to the exploits of the Portuguese and Spanish in South America, but no one bangs on about that. The European powers were empire building and the British Empire was the best of a bad bunch. We could of had a massive German Empire ruling the waves, would you have preferred that? The Herero people of what is now Namibia found out what German colonialism was like and it was not good. The British Empire did a lot of good also, but they don't teach you that at school do they? " and the simple fact that immigration has improved our country in so many ways (although, I admit, of late the numbers have got out of control)." Really, please give some examples. That's quite a sweeping statement. I've got plenty to show that it has had quite a negative effect on the country. The very fact that you admit yourself that the numbers have got out of hand must surely, on some level, make you question the wisdom of our leaders. Why do you think the numbers have got out of hand? "I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion (and thank God we can voice these opinions)" Really! As of late they've been putting people in prison and fining them for speaking their minds, for just saying words. In this country, now, freedom of speech is fine as long as it's what the PC brigade want you to say. They have actually made laws against people speaking. If you said that to someone years ago they'd not believe you. I guess this erosion of freedom is your idea of progress. GreenBrown

12:33am Wed 11 Dec 13

GreenBrown says...

ResidentTony wrote:
GreenBrown - I'm relieved you think positively about "fighting ......to stop fascism taking over Europe". Given this, why are so you apparently reluctant to condemn the swastika daubed on the building. If you do that, then the rest of your words might carry more weight .
I think the people of this country during the war, thought that they were fighting against a dangerous foe with a warped ideology. Nearly 70 years on, one has to wonder was it really worth it. I don't see a lot of difference between fascism and what we have now or at least what we are heading towards. The definition of fascism on the web is -

A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

A system of government marked by centralization of authority =

The European Union, you can't get more centralized than that.

under a dictator, =

Herman van Rompuy, who elected him. I know the heads of state of the different member countries choose him, but that is a far cry from the democracy we have at the moment. The millions of voters in this country didn't elect our prime minister with the election of the EU president in their minds. Make no mistake, this position may seem irrelevant at the moment, but it will soon be very powerful.

stringent socioeconomic controls, = The EU has control of nearly everything. It has pretty much bypassed national parliaments when creating laws and is involved in almost every aspect of peoples lives. How many hours you can work, health and safety, employment law, food labeling, business regulation and more, recently trying to dictate banking regulations for member states, the list is endless.

suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship = The terror is yet to come as more people start to react against this forced federation. Though I guess seeing the various police forces around Europe beating down protesters especially in Greece, after the EU told its government to bring in massive austerity measures, is some sort of example. As for censorship, well, the powers that be do their best to suppress anything that shows them in a bad light so if there has been much censorship we may not know about it. That you don't get too many dissenting voices about the real state of Britain and the EU on things like the BBC says to me that a fair amount or censoring is going on just by the act of not giving fair weight to the discussion. The fact that the European Government hasn't had its accounts signed off and audited since it inception speaks volumes.

and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism. =

Not really applicable. The EU wish to do away with nationalism. It is their biggest hurdle to get over. It gets in the way of their dream of a Federation of Europe. Why else do you think our traditions and way of life have been slowly chipped away at over the last 40 years or so. A country who's identity has gone is easier to assimilate. If you don't think this is happening, just look around you. Our society is a shadow of its former self. Communities have been destroyed. Gone are the days when everyone knew each other, all the local kids went to the same school and lived near each other and played with each other and grew up together. Most people worked near home, in jobs that had men's clubs attached to them and many social meetings arranged for the whole family. Families generally lived near each other, unlike now, where so many families barely get to see each other because of how scattered we've all become. All these things and many more were the fabric of peoples lives and it kept them tight. All gone now and changed forever. After all that had gone we were just about ready to be absorbed into the undemocratic awfulness that is the EU.
[quote][p][bold]ResidentTony[/bold] wrote: GreenBrown - I'm relieved you think positively about "fighting ......to stop fascism taking over Europe". Given this, why are so you apparently reluctant to condemn the swastika daubed on the building. If you do that, then the rest of your words might carry more weight .[/p][/quote]I think the people of this country during the war, thought that they were fighting against a dangerous foe with a warped ideology. Nearly 70 years on, one has to wonder was it really worth it. I don't see a lot of difference between fascism and what we have now or at least what we are heading towards. The definition of fascism on the web is - A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism. A system of government marked by centralization of authority = The European Union, you can't get more centralized than that. under a dictator, = Herman van Rompuy, who elected him. I know the heads of state of the different member countries choose him, but that is a far cry from the democracy we have at the moment. The millions of voters in this country didn't elect our prime minister with the election of the EU president in their minds. Make no mistake, this position may seem irrelevant at the moment, but it will soon be very powerful. stringent socioeconomic controls, = The EU has control of nearly everything. It has pretty much bypassed national parliaments when creating laws and is involved in almost every aspect of peoples lives. How many hours you can work, health and safety, employment law, food labeling, business regulation and more, recently trying to dictate banking regulations for member states, the list is endless. suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship = The terror is yet to come as more people start to react against this forced federation. Though I guess seeing the various police forces around Europe beating down protesters especially in Greece, after the EU told its government to bring in massive austerity measures, is some sort of example. As for censorship, well, the powers that be do their best to suppress anything that shows them in a bad light so if there has been much censorship we may not know about it. That you don't get too many dissenting voices about the real state of Britain and the EU on things like the BBC says to me that a fair amount or censoring is going on just by the act of not giving fair weight to the discussion. The fact that the European Government hasn't had its accounts signed off and audited since it inception speaks volumes. and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism. = Not really applicable. The EU wish to do away with nationalism. It is their biggest hurdle to get over. It gets in the way of their dream of a Federation of Europe. Why else do you think our traditions and way of life have been slowly chipped away at over the last 40 years or so. A country who's identity has gone is easier to assimilate. If you don't think this is happening, just look around you. Our society is a shadow of its former self. Communities have been destroyed. Gone are the days when everyone knew each other, all the local kids went to the same school and lived near each other and played with each other and grew up together. Most people worked near home, in jobs that had men's clubs attached to them and many social meetings arranged for the whole family. Families generally lived near each other, unlike now, where so many families barely get to see each other because of how scattered we've all become. All these things and many more were the fabric of peoples lives and it kept them tight. All gone now and changed forever. After all that had gone we were just about ready to be absorbed into the undemocratic awfulness that is the EU. GreenBrown

4:42am Wed 11 Dec 13

ResidentTony says...

Green Brown - all very interesting if I might put it that way, but you still refuse to condemn the swastika, apparently on the basis that if we were all now living under a nazi regime things would be no worse, given how bad things have got in your view and thanks mainly to the "fascistic EU". To be honest you begin to sound like the sort of UKIP member even Mr Farage would despare of. Just condemn the swastika and move on. There is nothing "PC" about doing so, trust me. 98% of Britain condemn it. Do so before comments close on this article and you're left completely on the wrong side of history. Ewellman condemned it; you can too.
Green Brown - all very interesting if I might put it that way, but you still refuse to condemn the swastika, apparently on the basis that if we were all now living under a nazi regime things would be no worse, given how bad things have got in your view and thanks mainly to the "fascistic EU". To be honest you begin to sound like the sort of UKIP member even Mr Farage would despare of. Just condemn the swastika and move on. There is nothing "PC" about doing so, trust me. 98% of Britain condemn it. Do so before comments close on this article and you're left completely on the wrong side of history. Ewellman condemned it; you can too. ResidentTony

6:42am Wed 11 Dec 13

Liberals are deluded says...

He's obsessed with that swastika the old lefty, maybe he's watched too many war films
He's obsessed with that swastika the old lefty, maybe he's watched too many war films Liberals are deluded

10:16am Wed 11 Dec 13

GreenBrown says...

I've got no interest in symbols being daubed on buildings. The problem with taking offence at things, whether it be words or images, is that you, the offended, give it its power the minute you let it offend you. If its ignored, its power diminishes. If only all offended people dealt with things this way, the perceived problems would soon disappear. Trouble is, this sort of thing is stirred up and encouraged by the powers that be and the media etc. Hence these sorts of articles. This one is particularly specious. They like to get the plebs worrying over this sort of stuff. Takes their minds of the real problems and issues.
I've got no interest in symbols being daubed on buildings. The problem with taking offence at things, whether it be words or images, is that you, the offended, give it its power the minute you let it offend you. If its ignored, its power diminishes. If only all offended people dealt with things this way, the perceived problems would soon disappear. Trouble is, this sort of thing is stirred up and encouraged by the powers that be and the media etc. Hence these sorts of articles. This one is particularly specious. They like to get the plebs worrying over this sort of stuff. Takes their minds of the real problems and issues. GreenBrown

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree