Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Newsagent which suffered horrific attack in 2005 burgled
A Surbiton newsagent targeted in a horrific attack in 2005 has been raided again.
Food Fare, in Browns Road, was burgled in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Police said they were called just after 7.30am, some hours after the break-in.
The tobacco cabinet behind the counter had been emptied, the shopkeeper, who asked not to be named, said.
A bottle of rum and her son’s tennis bag were also taken, she said.
Police said there had been no arrests and that enquiries were continuing.
The shop was the site of a horrific knife attack in 2005, when the woman’s husband was stabbed 18 times.
He recovered and was back at work within six weeks.
Career criminal Anthony Bolden was given three life sentences by an Old Bailey judge in July 2006, with a minimum term of seven years.
He had pleaded guilty to attempted murder, hitting a police officer who tried to stop him later with a shovel, and robbery.
Comments are closed on this article.