Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Love Kingston Day 2014: Do your bit for community fund
Search your feelings, and find a place in your heart for a good cause.
Organisers of Love Kingston Day 2014 – to be held on Valentine’s Day – are starting their preparations early and encouraging residents to do their bit for the community.
Whether you sign up for a Slimathon, run the London Marathon, or do something completely outside the box, contact Love Kingston to get their support.
Fundraising and donations contributed £90,000 to the charity this year, to help groups like women’s refuge Hestia, Kingston food bank, and others.
Fundraising manager Elaine Miller said: “We’ve got some big and bold plans for Love Kingston Day 2014 to raise even more money and smash this year’s total.
“It’s about the community coming together on one day to show their support and care for others who are less fortunate.
“Our borough has wealth and poverty living side by side, with one in three children living below the poverty line in some parts, and times are getting tougher.”
The charity’s legacy fund will get a boost from solicitors Coleman-Ctts, who plan to donate £5 for every person who creates a will with them between Monday, December 9, and Sunday 15.
- Kingston Council deny CCTV cars which have raised £2.7m are 'prowling for easy targets'
- Surbiton company designs background for Mo Farah waxwork
- Parking boss who oversaw bumper profits axed to save council money
- 'Desperate' - homeless couple with six-month son old break into empty council flat to try and claim squatters' rights
- Dancing horses delight at Hampton Court Palace
Comments are closed on this article.