Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
South West Trains to put new lights in Surbiton station
Do you think Surbiton train station is too dark?
South West Trains agrees and has asked for permission to install more lights “to bring the illumination levels of the station in line with current safety standards”.
The company has also applied this week to carry out renewal work to platform canopies.
Residents and commuters have until Friday, December 20, to tell Kingston Council what they think of the plans.
See them on the council’s website.
Where the new lights will go:
- The underside of the platform canopies
- Within the waiting rooms on the platforms
- Within the station manager’s office
- In the CCTV room
- In the old ticket office
- Lighting columns in the station forecourt with associated supporting utilities, heating and ventilation services
What improvements would you make to Surbiton station? Let us know by commenting below, emailing email@example.com or calling the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273.
- Kingston Council deny CCTV cars which have raised £2.7m are 'prowling for easy targets'
- Surbiton company designs background for Mo Farah waxwork
- Parking boss who oversaw bumper profits axed to save council money
- 'Desperate' - homeless couple with six-month son old break into empty council flat to try and claim squatters' rights
- Dancing horses delight at Hampton Court Palace
Comments are closed on this article.