Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Police ask for more time to question Chessington pensioner rape suspect
Police are to apply for time to question a man arrested on suspicion of raping a women in her 70s in Chessington.
A man was arrested on Wednesday evening in connection with the investigation into a burglary and rape.
Police can question a suspect for a maximum of 36 hours, before going to a magistrate to authorise anything up to an extra 36 hours.
Anyone with information is asked to call the police non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- Unsung hero: PTA fundraiser with a bit of give and bake
- Secret Curmudgeon: Let common sense prevail on cycling with headphones
- Vintage Kingston: December 7 1963: French exchange teachers deported for shoplifting
- Mum's the word with Angellica Bell: We love Christmas
- Obituary: Church groundskeeper and former coal man