Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Man arrested in Chessington rape investigation
A man has been arrested in connection with the rape of a woman in her 70s in Chessington.
The man was arrested yesterday evening by police investigating a burglary and rape at a property in Chessington.
He was taken to a south London police station, and remains in custody.
Today shocked residents, who did not want to be named, expressed their shock and disgust at the attack.
One woman said: “My daughter told me last night. A 70-year-old – it is sick. It is a sick society we live in. It’s getting worse around here.
“The people that did this should be locked up or castrated.”
Another resident said: “I read about it on Facebook.
“It is absolutely ridiculous, disgusting.
“You don’t expect anything like that to happen anywhere.”
Another said: “It is appalling.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the police non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- Shopkeeper who survived horrific beating suffers another break-in
- Woman cut out of car in railings crash at Kingston Hill roundabout
- School where students give to foodbank bags 'very pleasing' Ofsted report
- Help victims of Philippines typhoon disaster with charity tattoo
- Pregnant mother and toddler held at knife point in park