Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Kingston mum fined £75 for allowing son to bunk off school
A Kingston mother who allowed her son to bunk off school has been fined £75.
She was also ordered to pay £75 in costs and £20 in victim surcharge costs for allowing her son to be truant.
She appeared at Lavender Hill Magistrates’ Court and pleaded guilty on Tuesday, October 8.
The action was brought by Kingston Council against the mother, who lives in Bonner Hill, Kingston, after her child failed to regularly attend Chessington Community College between October last year and February this year.
- Body found in woods believed to be missing Polish man
- Vandals scrawl more offensive graffiti on planned Worcester Park mosque
- Drivers 'using Tolworth Greenway as a short cut'
- Essence licence to be reviewed after 'Kingston's worst incident'
- VIDEO: Four houses damaged after fire erupts in roof
Comments are closed on this article.