Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Old Malden woman denies assaulting disabled man and damaging his wheelchair in Tolworth
A woman has denied assaulting a disabled man and damaging his electric wheelchair near a river in Tolworth.
Amy Lawrence, 21, of Sheephouse Way, Old Malden, appeared at Lavender Hill Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday morning wearing a black jacket, black and white striped leggings, a pink scarf, a lip piercing and sunglasses on her head.
She denied common assault and criminal damage of an electric wheelchair that belonged to Glenn Doyle, valued up to £1,000.
Miss Lawrence will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court for a trial on January 7.
She is on conditional bail and must not contact Mr Doyle.
Police and London Ambulance both attended the Sunray Estate on March 26 at about 1pm to reports of a man in the river.
A 21-year-old was treated and taken to hospital for minor injuries.
- Last Christmas for Surbiton jeweller as owners blame 'lack of support' from shoppers and Kingston Council
- Chessington neighbours still big kids about Christmas lights ten years on
- Where can I get a kebab at 5am on New Year's Eve? Not in Kingston
- Kate Middleton touches hearts at Shooting Star Chase
- Man treated for head injury after bus crash on flyover