Kitchen fire in New Malden after fat ignites under grill

Firefighters had to remove a cooker after fire fused a hob in the 'on' position

Firefighters had to remove a cooker after fire fused a hob in the 'on' position

First published in News
Last updated
Surrey Comet: Photograph of the Author by , Senior reporter - 020 8722 6313

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in New Malden last night.

The fire, caused by burning fat under a grill, was brought under control in short order, firefighters said, after the call-out just before 9pm.

Heat from the flames had fused a hob burner in the ‘on’ position, so firefighters removed the cooker from the house in Mt Pleasant Road.

No one was hurt.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree