Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Secret Curmudgeon: On my travels
Curmudgeon’s travel spot: I’ve just got back from Gibraltar. Yeah, I was there helping the authorities throw concrete blocks into the sea. They’re quite heavy you know.
But seriously, one thing I didn’t realise from the news coverage here – journalists eh! – is that the current border problems are only sporadic, ie, when the border guards feel like slowly checking the boot of every single car then they do. But it’s not all the time.
Drive to Spain at certain times and there are no problems or delays.
Here’s a picture I took from La Linea, just over the border. The beauty of the rock juxtaposed with a fast food sign. Commercialism eh.
So I get back to England and come across a bunch of people in high visibility tabards erecting a Christmas tree in Kingston Market Place on Wednesday. It’s August remember.
I’m about to go into a tirade about Christmas getting earlier every year and commercialism, etc, etc, when one of the high-vizzers tells me they’re just filming a TV advert.
Phew. Thank God for commercialism eh.
- Essence licence to be reviewed after 'Kingston's worst incident'
- Four houses damaged after fire erupts in roof
- 'Dangerous' dog is just a big softy and plays with my children, says owner
- PICTURES: Morris men, Santa and Frosty the Snowman celebrate Christmas in Leatherhead
- Paralympian volleyball champion inspires children with disabilities
Comments are closed on this article.