Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
New Malden office block evacuated after fire
A high rise office building was evacuated this morning after a fire broke out.
Fire crews from New Malden and Surbiton were called to the CI Tower in St George’s Square, New Malden at 10.10am.
Volunteers manning the New Malden police front desk were among those removed from the 16 storey building.
A spokesman from Kingston police said: “The front counter at CI Tower New Malden was evacuated earlier today due to a fire that is believed to have occurred on the fifth floor of the building.
“The police front counter, which is located on the ground floor, was not affected.
"Staff were evacuated from the building whilst the London Fire Brigade dealt with the fire.”
A spokeswoman from New Malden firefighters said the small fire had been caused by an electrical intake but staff had been allowed back in soon after.
There have been no reported injuries.