Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Revised South West Trains timetable today and tomorrow
2:35pm Friday 18th January 2013 in News
South West Trains is advising passengers that a revised train service is planned for tomorrow as a result of the continued forecast for heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures.
Snow has already fallen on large parts of the South West Trains network, and forecasters are predicting worsening conditions throughout the remainder of the day.
Services for today are currently operating in line with the special timetable in place. Plans have now been announced to continue the revised timetable into tomorrow with some further changes on certain routes.
Jake Kelly, Customer Service Director for the South West Trains-Network Rail Alliance, said: “The snowy weather is causing disruption to road and rail transport in many parts of the country. We have already seen snow fall on large parts of our network, however the special timetable we have in place is running well and means that trains have more time to cope with the poor weather conditions.
“With forecasters predicting heavy snowfall throughout the rest of the day and freezing temperatures over the weekend, we’ve taken the sensible decision to continue running our revised timetable. The revised timetable helps us to ensure we can make the best use of our resources to deliver the most robust service for passengers.
“The timetable we can provide on Saturday 19 January will be slightly different to the service we’ve been able to offer today and services are expected to be busier than normal. We’d therefore advise passengers to check the timetable before they travel and ensure they allow enough time to travel to and from the station.
“Our staff are working incredibly hard to keep as many trains running as possible as well as keeping depots and stations clear and safe, however we understand the impact this is having on our passengers and would like to thank them for their patience during these difficult conditions.”
In the event that the weather worsens throughout today or on Saturday 19 January, there may be a further reduction in service on the above lines. Alternatively, more services may be provided if circumstances permit.
Revised timetables will be in operation for the following routes and services:
- London Waterloo to Bournemouth and Weymouth
- London Waterloo to Alton and Basingstoke (stopping service)
- Fast trains London Waterloo to Woking, Guildford and Basingstoke
- London Waterloo to Salisbury, Yeovil and Exeter
- Southampton to Salisbury and Portsmouth
- London Waterloo to Haslemere and Portsmouth
- London Waterloo to Epsom and Dorking
- Stopping services to Woking, Guildford and Kingston via Wimbledon
- London Waterloo to Reading, Windsor and Kingston via Richmond
The following routes will have no service:
- Ascot to Ash Vale
- Salisbury to Bristol (please note, First Great Western services are planned to run between Salisbury and Bristol and South West Trains tickets are valid on these services)
- Virginia Water to Weybridge
- Aldershot to Guildford
- Chessington branch
- Hampton Court branch
- Shepperton branch
For full details visit www.southwesttrains.co.uk
Comments are closed on this article.